Old Everton Pictures

1967 - 2nd March. Everton inside forward Alan Ball - scoring past Coventry City goalkeeper Bill Glazier in a 3-1 win for the blues - for @bluelord49 & others -

View attachment 188740

Must admit I thought this was a goal and included it in my collection but just found an old

Must admit I thought this was a goal and included it my records but just found an old Echo which states it was a disallowed goal

968 02.03.68 Coventry (A).jpg

Must admit I thought this was a goal and included it in my collection but just found an old

Must admit I thought this was a goal and included it my records but just found an old Echo which states it was a disallowed goal

View attachment 188817
It was dated incorrectly, on the original photo I had to go through my EFC bible to put in the correct date - Brian - but I dont criticise or make remarks not in keeping within this great thread - but with your EFC goals collection we all stand corrected, but as you know captions on some photos are incorrect to say the least ......

Going to Specsavers lol -

plus I notice you contribute very little other than criticise on this thread, it's not that type of thread it has, & always be carried out in the greatest humour .....
It's all in your mind. There are loads of corrections in this thread, but you only seem to get triggered if I post one. Even that one, just then, which you seemed to find quite humorous.

It was dated incorrectly, on the original photo I had to go through my EFC bible to put in the correct date - Brian - but I dont criticise or make remarks not in keeping within this great thread - but with your EFC goals collection we all stand corrected, but as you know captions on some photos are incorrect to say the least ...... I was at that game too lol FA CUP we won 2-0 ;)

It's all in your mind. There are loads of corrections in this thread, but you only seem to get triggered if I post one. Even that one, just then, which you seemed to find quite humorous.
How about the dig over Alan Ball photos ..... TG Jones, I posted the YouTube anniversary where it clearly stated European cup - yet we now know that was incorrect - dont pick on any poster on here who accidentally misguided, or I will send Frank around to sort you out lol

How about the dig over Alan Ball photos ..... TG Jones, I posted the YouTube anniversary where it clearly stated European cup - yet we now know that was incorrect - dont pick on any poster on here who accidentally misguided, or I will send Frank around to sort you out lol
I find it strange you don't care for historical accuracy as much as many others, that should be a key part of this thread. Also, if it weren't for me, you'd still think Bangor reached the European Cup semi-final.

I mean, if i uploaded a photo of Jim McDonagh, with a caption stating it was Albert Dunlop, i'm sure you would correct me.

I find it strange you don't care for historical accuracy as much as many others, that should be a key part of this thread. Also, if it weren't for me, you'd still think Bangor reached the European Cup semi-final.

I mean, if i uploaded a photo of Jim McDonagh, with a caption stating it was Albert Dunlop, i'm sure you would correct me.

…ffs, Joey does a great job on here. Often captions are wrong as is the odd detail we post but that adds to the charm and fun of this terrific thread.

There’s a pleasant way of pointing Out if we’ve erred. We’re all nice to each other in this place.

Last edited:

Yes, but I linked you in to a YouTube anniversary clip of Bangor they stated it was the European cup you never replied - look many posters spend hours on here & mistakes happen, but if they read or seen a clip they make think they were posting the correct information - it's the brash way you do it - I dont mind being corrected, but there is a way of doing it ....

…ffs, Joey does a great job on here. Often captions are wrong as is the odd detail we post but that adds to the charm and fun of this terrific thread.

We’re all nice to each other in this place.
Thanks Eggs - I had an e mail from the top mod about this thread stating how pleased he was on the popularity of this thread ... plus the traffic of viewing etc .....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back