Old Everton Pictures

2nd September 1967 Alan Ball slots home one of his brace during a 4-2 defeat of Wolves -

1667043504198.webp

It was dated incorrectly, on the original photo I had to go through my EFC bible to put in the correct date - Brian - but I dont criticise or make remarks not in keeping within this great thread - but with your EFC goals collection we all stand corrected, but as you know captions on some photos are incorrect to say the least ......

Any thing I post is certainly NOT intended as criticism but, hopefully to correct history. I have incorrectly identified photos in the past and use sites like this and old videos to double check my records. We are all human, especially me. Please do not take it as personal.

I have had more quotes from you than Shakespeare lol - you have to realise that if YouTube heading of a clip states European Cup & it was not as you probably googled it .... well done to you .... but the main issue of my point EFC turned him down, as a future manager, & appointed Ian Buchan a University sports instructor who was a complete disaster for us - that was my main point - also did you ever see Bally play for us ? Just asking ......
Well, as you haven't accepted my olive branch of a post, i'll comment on the above. I'll think you'll find that only one of us knew than Bangor couldn't have possibly been in the European Cup in 1962/63...and that wasn't you. My first instinct was obviously "how on earth could they play in it, they didn't fit any criteria to be selected", obviously you didn't know this. Maybe you should branch out more and read about the history of football as a world game

Bally for Everton? Only on footage, of course. He'd left Everton before i was born. But i guarantee you i've seen more of Alan Ball play on footage than you have of, say, Pele. So, i imagine you have an opinion on him...like everyone from that era- and he was the consensus choice of world's greatest player of the 1960s, by most people- and 99% of them would never have seen him play live (and even the ones, that did at, say Goodison 66, saw a shadow of the player he actually was). My dad has a very high opinion of Puskas and Di Stefano, but i know he never saw them play live.

So, I'm not sure what your point is there? Did you ever see TG Jones play live? Just asking........

Any thing I post is certainly NOT intended as criticism but, hopefully to correct history. I have incorrectly identified photos in the past and use sites like this and old videos to double check my records. We are all human, especially me. Please do not take it as personal.
Never from you Brian, I have my EFC bible, but some captions are so far out date wise it's impossible to get correct information ....also the amount I put on if I get a good feed of photos errors are bound to happen ..... I have purchased books magazines & even in them, they are sometimes incorrect .....

Well, as you haven't accepted my olive branch of a post, i'll comment on the above. I'll think you'll find that only one of us knew than Bangor couldn't have possibly been in the European Cup in 1962/63...and that wasn't you. My first instinct was obviously "how on earth could they play in it, they didn't fit any criteria to be selected", obviously you didn't know this. Maybe you should branch out more and read about the history of football as a world game

Bally for Everton? Only on footage, of course. He'd left Everton before i was born. But i guarantee you i've seen more of Alan Ball play on footage than you have of, say, Pele. So, i imagine you have an opinion on him...like everyone from that era- and he was the consensus choice of world's greatest player of the 1960s, by most people- and 99% of them would never have seen him play live (and even the ones, that did at, say Goodison 66, saw a shadow of the player he actually was). My dad has a very high opinion of Puskas and Di Stefano, but i know he never saw them play live.

So, I'm not sure what your point is there? Did you ever see TG Jones play live? Just asking........
My late father did - as a 6 year old I raved about Labone he told me, & my older brother all about TG Jones plus I purchased his life story - a fantastic book - My brother & I were only sorry he was not around to read it , because it was so true in what he related to us about TG Jones - The Prince of Centre Halves -

You dont need olive branches on the thread, by the way ......

My late father did - as a 6 year old I raved about Labone he told me, & my older brother all about TG Jones plus I purchased his life story - a fantastic book - My brother & I were only sorry he was not around to read it , because it was so true in what he related to us about TG Jones - The Prince of Centre Halves -

You dont need olive branches on the thread, by the way ......
So what was your point about Alan Ball then?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back