Old Everton Pictures

0.jpg

.....remember this really well. If I'm right it's the lap of honour before the '66 Charity Shield. I sat in seat A80 in the Upper Gwladys St. Missing from the picture are Ray Wilson and Roger Hunt with the World Cup, Brian Labone and Ron Yeats with the FA Cup and Championship respectively. Roger Hunt hit a screamer in the Gwladys St and the reds won 1-0.

Someone will now tell me it's a different game.

Christ I used to love goin the match back then, It really is a mediocre experience these days.
Isn't it just. In the modernisation of the game in this country, so much has been lost. I laugh when I hear and read comments about the great atmospheres at the modern-day GP. No comparison at all.

Isn't it just. In the modernisation of the game in this country, so much has been lost. I laugh when I hear and read comments about the great atmospheres at the modern-day GP. No comparison at all.
Yep,totally sanitised now,although its safer and better for kids and families,its lost its "edge"for me,I suppose you have to be of a certain age to know what the heck I'm on about:)

...Garrincha I think. Great memory of great player. Banana shot before the modern day balls that 'swerve'.

Yeah it was him No.16, Pele No. 10 of course, have no idea what No. 18 was doing though.
Goal at 63mins.
tbh I thought that Pele ( having had lumps kicked off him ) was well gone by then, the old memory eh

Yep,totally sanitised now,although its safer and better for kids and families,its lost its "edge"for me,I suppose you have to be of a certain age to know what the heck I'm on about:)

I hear you Bro.
Was at the Spurs game 62-63, first in at 12.00 gates open, front and centre behind the Gwladys St goal. Have never been so crushed in all my life before or since. The official Attn.was 69K... they were all in the Gwladys.
Had front line view of 'That goal' by Alex...effectively won the title for us then.

FF to Joe Royle's first Derby, that was my last game as a uk resident.

Been back for one or three since then though
Took a decent rednoz to the Rooney Arsenal game ( long story, both he and I go back to when they were in the 2nd Div) in 2002, when it all went off we both said... that's what it used to be like.

Bit before my time that Degs,I was a child of the fitful 1970's at GP,my old fella always went on about that famous Spurs game when his idol the Golden Vision "soared" above the 9 foot 8 inch Giant centre back Maurice Norman,(Aaah well with the passing years Alex's feat became even greater!!:D)