Old Everton Pictures

collinscarey.jpg
What a player Bobby Collins was according to my late father, and older brother I just missed seeing him play look at his small feet -The little General in midfield! another bad early sale by Catterick - just reading catts autobiography, and he admits the blunder just like selling Alan Ball!

.....Ronnie was at the same school as me but a few years older. I remember going to watch him play for England Schoolboys and being awarded his international cap on the school stage. That international pedigree was significant in those days as there were no academy's and school football took precedent. Good lad, Ronnie and a classy left winger.

I too was at John Hamilton, and looking on the notice boards to see if you had been picked for the team that week, it was noticable just how many different sports and teams Ronnie Goodlass got picked for (He was a few years older than me). Tiddly Winks - RG Cricket - RG.... Football -RG.

I too was at John Hamilton, and looking on the notice boards to see if you had been picked for the team that week, it was noticable just how many different sports and teams Ronnie Goodlass got picked for (He was a few years older than me). Tiddly Winks - RG Cricket - RG.... Football -RG.

....really? I left in '75. My year won the Echo Cup and I did tend to get a mention in Monday morning assembly for scoring the odd goal or two. We might know each other.

....that is spooky. Sure we know each other, especially if you played footy.

I played up till 4th year - Phil Hayes, George (Podge) Allen, Alan Hickey, Paul Price, Terry Tynan, Paul Robinson, Derek Rothwell (me) :) - a few names from my year & team. I think you might have been a year above me, as I left end 4th year and went to Croxteth

I played up till 4th year - Phil Hayes, George (Podge) Allen, Alan Hickey, Paul Price, Terry Tynan, Paul Robinson, Derek Rothwell (me) :) - a few names from my year & team. I think you might have been a year above me, as I left end 4th year and went to Croxteth

.......Derek Rothwell? Alan was in the year above me, presume that's your brother?

.....remember this really well. If I'm right it's the lap of honour before the '66 Charity Shield. I sat in seat A80 in the Upper Gwladys St. Missing from the picture are Ray Wilson and Roger Hunt with the World Cup, Brian Labone and Ron Yeats with the FA Cup and Championship respectively. Roger Hunt hit a screamer in the Gwladys St and the reds won 1-0.

Someone will now tell me it's a different game.
They shouldn't!! That was an amazing occasion. Gutted we lost like. Well proud to have been there.

Ha ,remember that jimmy husband chant,also remember sha la la la morrisey to the old small faces hit ,and round about the same time we had that Indian sounding song hari Krishna which had the words changed to players names Colin Harvey ,Howard Kendall Joey royle then the chorus Harry catterick Harry catterick ....... Great times great songs