Old Everton Pictures

Yep!!! I was not a tough nut by any stretch of the imagination so must have looked hilarious singing it haha. Great era to begin supporting the Blues in the 60s and to begin aways in the 70s.

Likewise, always felt a bit of a [Poor language removed] singing that but we were young and rabid in our support of the Blues. Now a lot older, a little calmer but still rabid

I guess you will recall another popular ditty from the 70's that began...

"We don't carry hatchets..."

"We don’t carry lead,
We only carry hatchets,
To bury in your head
We are peaceful people
But if you’re looking for a fight
You’ll get your f*****’ head kicked in
By the boys in blue and white":cool:

Tiny tim...tiptoe through the tulips

Tiptoe through the Street end
with your boots on
and a sawn off shotgun
tiptoe through the Street end we go

and

Tiptoe through the kop end
with your pumps on
and a bar of chocolate
Tiptoe through the kop end you go.

My favourites were

We are the Everton the cock of the North
we hate Man United and City of course
we only drink whisky and bottles of brown
The Everton boys are in town
na na na etc

to go with

You are the Liverpool the joke of the north
you run from the Norwich and Ipswich of course
you only drink water and bottles of coke
the Liverpool boys are a joke
na na na etc

The younger generation really can't appreciate what the atmosphere in the Street End once was.
Tell them to dig out some of the pre-seating goal celebrations on Youtube eg the O'Keefe winner in the Southampton cup replay in the late 70s/early 80s

Remember that Southhampton game like it was yesterday....

49000 in Goodison on a Tuesday night, St End packed .....when you walked in there was a wall of backs and no room anywhere... Ended up behind the goal and what a game to follow

I have been an Evertonian since the late 60's and I think that and the Bayern game are the best for atmosphere by miles.

Remember that Southhampton game like it was yesterday....

49000 in Goodison on a Tuesday night, St End packed .....when you walked in there was a wall of backs and no room anywhere... Ended up behind the goal and what a game to follow

I have been an Evertonian since the late 60's and I think that and the Bayern game are the best for atmosphere by miles.
The game took place only 4 days after the first game. Massive queues to get in (cash at the turnstile in those days). I got in 20 minutes after KO.

1947-lsh.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back