Old Everton Pictures

Cvrg8u_WEAAUXPh.jpg

Not many messed with this winger moggsy Morrissey just look at his glare -1967 picture -
s-l1600.jpg
Blimey Joey, did any fool-hardy idiot EVER tangle with Moggsy. And lived to tell the tale.
The entire Leeds team put in a complaint against him, and Moggsy asked for another 173 cases to be taken into consideration.
But garbage aside, Johnny had a mass of talent and trickery to go with his determination.
Probably a bit like Denis Stevens and Brian Harris, he was slightly underrated because of the many gifted players in the squad at the time. But will never be forgotten.

Blimey Joey, did any fool-hardy idiot EVER tangle with Moggsy. And lived to tell the tale.
The entire Leeds team put in a complaint against him, and Moggsy asked for another 173 cases to be taken into consideration.
But garbage aside, Johnny had a mass of talent and trickery to go with his determination.
Probably a bit like Denis Stevens and Brian Harris, he was slightly underrated because of the many gifted players in the squad at the time. But will never be forgotten.
To me moggsy beat a full back with his quick feet and trickery a bit like John robertson did for Forest -
he also scored a fair few and his crosses to my idol were out of this world!

I wasn't born until 1969. I have however watched many videos and a ton of footage from this era, and marveled at the Ball/Harvey/Kendall midfield. Can someone please tell me how in gods name Howard didn't get capped by his country?
Simple in those days it was a South/ North divide - these days a midfield trio like that the England team would have been moulded around them!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back