Old Everton Pictures

You must have been standing next to me! I remember Harper playing and I think laying on the goal. Harper, Richardson and Power are often overlooked but played regularly in those seasons.

Why did HK flog Linneker? He has said recently that the move came out of the blue and he did not instigate it.

2 theories
a) Everton always like a profit - see Alan Ball.
b) Kendall thought he was on for the Barca job and tried to do himself a favour in advance

Dixie with Matt Busby.

Cu1WHm7WYAABEB9.jpg
I'm proud to say I have both autographs,not the fella in the middles though!!

You must have been standing next to me! I remember Harper playing and I think laying on the goal. Harper, Richardson and Power are often overlooked but played regularly in those seasons.

Why did HK flog Linneker? He has said recently that the move came out of the blue and he did not instigate it.
Howard said he never suited our playing style
Then we won the league again the following season

I'm proud to say I have both autographs,not the fella in the middles though!!
Nice one. Busby was a good friend of an uncle of my mum up near Glasgow. We used to stay in this uncle's house occasionally when on holiday up there. Met him once when I was about 11 and mum coaxed me to ask for an autograph. He was very nice but when he asked if I wanted to play for United when I grew up I took great pleasure in telling him no, Everton. He just laughed!!!

Nice one. Busby was a good friend of an uncle of my mum up near Glasgow. We used to stay in this uncle's house occasionally when on holiday up there. Met him once when I was about 11 and mum coaxed me to ask for an autograph. He was very nice but when he asked if I wanted to play for United when I grew up I took great pleasure in telling him no, Everton. He just laughed!!!
Spooky that allez,I was on holiday abroad with my parents aged about 11 too,he was staying in the same hotel ,England were on a summer tour of South America and he would give me the scores,this was back in the days when you had to wait about two days for the English papers!!Really good fella.:)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back