Old Everton Pictures

Lineker's first ever goal for us, a diving header into the corner of the net about 10 mins from time. I'm was about 10 yds in front of him there! An August Bank Holiday Monday fixture.
Was there myself mate, great diving header. He'd struggled those first few games and once he'd scored he was off, think he got a hat trick v brum the following Saturday. Strange memory for me at that game was near the end pat vdh was injured but we used the sub so he hobbled around up front while the rest saw the game out, nowadays they'd leave us down to 10 men.

Cvpbd96WIAA2zDN.jpg

I think it is the Anny Road too. Kop had low white wall which went up to chest of those at front I think.
Definitely the Kop. Everton would have all the Anfield Rd in days gone by or a particular section when segregation started. In the picture in question there are too many RS for it to be the Everton part of the Anfield Rd end

Lineker's first ever goal for us, a diving header into the corner of the net about 10 mins from time. I'm was about 10 yds in front of him there! An August Bank Holiday Monday fixture.

You must have been standing next to me! I remember Harper playing and I think laying on the goal. Harper, Richardson and Power are often overlooked but played regularly in those seasons.

Why did HK flog Linneker? He has said recently that the move came out of the blue and he did not instigate it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back