Old Everton Pictures

....it's not that long ago it was all standing, Dario. I have a recollection of standing there for the Cup Winners Cup game v UCD but your memory is so much better than this old fella.
Don't know about that Eggs!!do you mean the old paddock?that used to be standing,but the lower bullens as far as I can recall going back to 1971 has always been seated!

I bet kids these days can't believe the ground was so empty you could walk from one end to the other. Me and dad used to go in the paddock and walk from one end to the other when I was a kid. Also remember being lifted over the turnstile so he didn't have to pay for me!!

CwUy-aMWIAAwXmn.jpg

Was closed off in 62-63 when we won the league. They would open the gate between the two for the early darters, at the same time as they opened the big exit gates in Goodison Place about 15 mins before the end.

...cheers Degsy. I spent a fair bit of time in the 60s watching reserve and youth games, I think it was only Goodison Rd turnstiles open but perhaps you could walk around during those games. The mists of time!!

...cheers Degsy. I spent a fair bit of time in the 60s watching reserve and youth games, I think it was only Goodison Rd turnstiles open but perhaps you could walk around during those games. The mists of time!!

tell me about it...but then again there are things I would swear by...I mean go to my grave convinced, swear by, which I've found to be totally wrong or never actually happened

not that stuff with the baby sitter and the devil worshippers obvs; that was deffo real

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back