Old Everton Pictures

That packed vast Goodison Road terrace mustve terrified opponents. Vaguely remember as a kid being in the old stand above it when I was first taken to the match proper '67/8ish for my birthday. Anyone got memories of standing there ?
Yes, I used to stand with my dad in the far corner, nearest to the Street end. I didn't realise how big the terrace was until I saw the photos from the pitch - it looked like it held tens of thousands! I remember the new stand going up in sections, and, at first, having both the old and the new stand open.

CwSnS35WEAQtBHs.jpg
Is this the last (possibly the only) time the players have done a lap of honour at GP in a clockwise direction?

That packed vast Goodison Road terrace mustve terrified opponents. Vaguely remember as a kid being in the old stand above it when I was first taken to the match proper '67/8ish for my birthday. Anyone got memories of standing there ?
My first seasons (first ST in 1967-68) were in the main stand above and the noise was tremendous but difficult to work out where it was coming from. It was a bit scary for me as a sprog to look over the edge to see what was below but when I did it you only really got an idea of the front part of the terrace not the full depth underneath the stand.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back