Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

images

Just found this thought it was a nice one to remember two of our legends on Christmas Day

He debuted his white boots in the charity shield game at the start of the 70/71 season (8/8/70 - beat chelsea 2-1) and we played west ham away on 5/9/70 and beat them 2-1 (Husband and Royle - Moore for them).
We played west ham away in 71/2 on 28/8/71 and lost 1-0 - Clyde Best for them. Bally and Moore were in both matches and almost certainly both captains.
Ball had the £2k contract with hummel to wear the white boots but he said they were like cardboard and rubbish - so had the apprentices paint his adidas boots white. It rained one day and the paint came off - with a hummell rep watching so they cancelled his contract.
These don't look like real hummel boots to me - certainly older than 4 weeks from 8/8/70 to 5/9/70 - so I'm guessing these were adidas boots in 71/72 season. Did he wear them for over a season? I'm a bit young to remember.

Either 1969/ 70 season as Labby was injured, in the championship run in - Also did Bally keep the captaincy at the beginning of the 70/71season?
In 1969-70 season WHu away was in December and Labone's played in that one so would have been captain. Ball as captain would have been next two seasons imo.

He debuted his white boots in the charity shield game at the start of the 70/71 season (8/8/70 - beat chelsea 2-1) and we played west ham away on 5/9/70 and beat them 2-1 (Husband and Royle - Moore for them).
We played west ham away in 71/2 on 28/8/71 and lost 1-0 - Clyde Best for them. Bally and Moore were in both matches and almost certainly both captains.
Ball had the £2k contract with hummel to wear the white boots but he said they were like cardboard and rubbish - so had the apprentices paint his adidas boots white. It rained one day and the paint came off - with a hummell rep watching so they cancelled his contract.
These don't look like real hummel boots to me - certainly older than 4 weeks from 8/8/70 to 5/9/70 - so I'm guessing these were adidas boots in 71/72 season. Did he wear them for over a season? I'm a bit young to remember.
Blimey mate when are you in CSI!!!!!????. No idea about all the boots stuff but you may well have it right!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back