Old Everton Pictures

Blimey mate when are you in CSI!!!!!????. No idea about all the boots stuff but you may well have it right!!
lol
Some great info there I know Gordon West liked Bally as a player , but not as a person much more never as a captain of Everton FC as he blamed himself for coming out for a ball, and accidentally clashing with Labby giving Bally the opportunity to become captain in the magical run in with Labby injured after that clash OUT for the season!
Westy in books stated he would not buy him a drink, as he was not captain material never in his eyes! A world class midfielder, but not fit to captain the blues!
It bore out with Bally will to win he did upset certain players when Captain in the squad saying to one player that do you know you trap the ball further than I can kick itlol
Don,t forget this great Ball of fire never liked losing a game of tiddlywinks lol
He was the best blues player
I have ever seen IMO!

lol
Some great info there I know Gordon West liked Bally as a player , but not as a person much more never as a captain of Everton FC as he blamed himself for coming out for a ball, and accidentally clashing with Labby giving Bally the opportunity to become captain in the magical run in with Labby injured after that clash OUT for the season!
Westy in books stated he would not buy him a drink, as he was not captain material never in his eyes! A world class midfielder, but not fit to captain the blues!
It bore out with Bally will to win he did upset certain players when Captain in the squad saying to one player that do you know you trap the ball further than I can kick itlol
Don,t forget this great Ball of fire never liked losing a game of tiddlywinks lol
I have ever seen IMO!
Greatest player I have seen in a blue shirt but was not a good captain. Too critical of lesser mortals!!!! Saw him absolutely berate Tommy Wright after he made a bad pass. Just was over the top and it detracted from his own play a bit too.

lol
I have ever seen IMO!

Sounds like a description of Lukaku

Greatest player I have seen in a blue shirt but was not a good captain. Too critical of lesser mortals!!!! Saw him absolutely berate Tommy Wright after he made a bad pass. Just was over the top and it detracted from his own play a bit too.
I remember him shouting out Alan Whittle for not passing to him. High voice sticks with me (I was about 10) - could hear him over the crowd at Gwladys street from beyond the half way line. Would not have liked to be on the wrong side of him. Alan Ball just never stopped, and expected the same from his team mates. Barry and Lennon can run like that, but Ball could put it away too. Greatest player.

PS My mum got me a pair of the white boots after the Hummel contract ended and they were cheap at Ben Brooks. Five front studs were on a rotating wheel - like running in high heels (I imagine), and they were like cardboard. Are we sure he was wearing white painted Adidas and not Lawrence - better, British, and also went bust?

Friend had George Best boots - maroon on top, laced on the side - quite a modern boot, looking at what my lads wear.

I remember him shouting out Alan Whittle for not passing to him. High voice sticks with me (I was about 10) - could hear him over the crowd at Gwladys street from beyond the half way line. Would not have liked to be on the wrong side of him. Alan Ball just never stopped, and expected the same from his team mates. Barry and Lennon can run like that, but Ball could put it away too. Greatest player.

PS My mum got me a pair of the white boots after the Hummel contract ended and they were cheap at Ben Brooks. Five front studs were on a rotating wheel - like running in high heels (I imagine), and they were like cardboard. Are we sure he was wearing white painted Adidas and not Lawrence - better, British, and also went bust?

Friend had George Best boots - maroon on top, laced on the side - quite a modern boot, looking at what my lads wear.
Was Gareth Barry's running just compared to Alan balls????

B33kVuZIcAEBQvI.jpg

Seen many a cushion rain down on the pitch from there!

My old man always goes on about Bally tearing a strip off Keith Newton for letting a ball go out for a corner, he reckoned Newton looked like he wanted to kill himlol