Old Everton Pictures

....piled high and on sale at the top of the stairs, but I seem to recall you could buy them in other stands as well.
Yes in the park end stands too - never went in the Grandstands that much on one occasion My late mother married to my father an avid Blue decided she wanted to come to a game - think it was Luton a lower team in the league cup as the youngest I my sister and older brother and his mate all went - my brother stated with it being her first game it had to be the park end stands - we scored about six - I was jumping up and down with excitement - my late mother thought she was at the pictures sat with her handbag on her lap god bless her asked why did the rude people stand up in front of her when the ball got near the opponent's goal very rude she thought it would be like the pictures lol
We were laughing at her trying to explain, but it was a waste of time lol
She never went againlol stating I got too excited with them all - She just clapped when we scoredlol

She always put my late fathers scarf up over our living room mirror as he died youngish, and listened on radio Merseyside, to try to fetch them a win but never went again cushion or no cushion!

What did the fans do Joey, hire them every game or bring your own?
Hire them out for a small fee, I think, and you got your part deposit back after the game, not that sure the wooden seats were hard - only went in the stands a few times and once hired them it was my older brother who got one for me mammy a funny occasion with my late mum is listed above!

C06wci8XUAAZRYU.jpg

Yes in the park end stands too - never went in the Grandstands that much on one occasion My late mother married to my father an avid Blue decided she wanted to come to a game - think it was Luton a lower team in the league cup as the youngest I my sister and older brother and his mate all went - my brother stated with it being her first game it had to be the park end stands - we scored about six - I was jumping up and down with excitement - my late mother thought she was at the pictures sat with her handbag on her lap god bless her asked why did the rude people stand up in front of her when the ball got near the opponent's goal very rude she thought it would be like the pictures lol
We were laughing at her trying to explain, but it was a waste of time lol
She never went againlol stating I got too excited with them all - She just clapped when we scoredlol

She always put my late fathers scarf up over our living room mirror as he died youngish, and listened on radio Merseyside, to try to fetch them a win but never went again cushion or no cushion!

...lovely memories, Joey. I recall the cushions being available at the top of the Upper Gwladys St stairs as well but nobody seemed to buy them there.

Funny you saying about you mum's superstitions. At the beginning of the 66 FA Cup run I must've won a new swimming certificate and it was upside down on the mantle piece. For every round my certificates came out, all placed upside down and it worked a treat. My mum was on the Committee at Everton Supporters club on City Rd and that was part of the pre-match routine as I was a kid growing up.

It was in there immediately after the 1970 West Brom game that Alan Ball snr let me touch Ballys title winning medal. A fond memory, I loved Ball and think he's easily the best Everton player I have ever seen. If anybody posts a picture of him in this thread it gets an automatic like from me.