Old Everton Pictures

I never understood why it took so long for a top club to sign Peter Reid. He was always a skilful midfielder and great competitor when he was at Bolton.
His injury prognosis- Gordon Lee made a massive offer for him & our medicial team advised against the move- HK thankfully took a gamble just paying £60,000 peanuts for him ...
I saw Peter play for Huyton boys at Anfield in a schoolboys - he stood out then- he was acred as were his family back then who all became blues- so if any club missed out on him it was that lot :p

Last edited:
1697381055728.webp

His injury prognosis- Gordon Lee made a massive offer for him & our medicial team advised against the move- HK thankfully took a gamble just paying £60,000 peanuts for him ...
I saw Peter play for Huyton boys at Anfield in a schoolboys - he stood out then- he was acred as were his family back then who all became blues- so if any club missed out on him it was that lot :p
Not much of a gamble at £60k. More like a steal.

If I remember rightly, Arsenal were in for him, too, at the same time Lee was after him. We offered £600,000, which Bolton accepted, but Reid preferred Arsenal. They, however, weren't prepared to pay that much, so he stayed at Bolton. When we finally bought him, at Colin Harvey's suggestion, with our last £60,000, he actually failed the medical.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back