Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Best mates Bally & Styles from 1966 -

1720437188976.webp

Was hoping to get a copy of this my dad is in this picture Geoff Harcombe and any other pics of him would be amazing my email is eb.plumbing@bigpond.com. Thanks heaps

….i notice your Dad played in the great 64/65 FA Youth cup winning team but not in the final. I’m sure I’d have seen him play. England schoolboy international when it was such a great achievement, you should be very proud he was clearly a very talented young footballer. Is he still alive?

Found a few snippets you undoubtably have, a very favourable mention in a match report, a decent Leeds team and it looks like he ended up playing in Australia;

IMG_9564.jpeg

IMG_9563.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg

Was hoping to get a copy of this my dad is in this picture Geoff Harcombe and any other pics of him would be amazing my email is eb.plumbing@bigpond.com. Thanks heaps
This is all I could find for you ;)

PlayerPositionDate of BirthPlace of Birth
Gary CoxonDefender31 May 1946Liverpool
Geoff HarcombeDefenderOct 1945Liverpool
Gerry HumphreysMidfielder14 Jan 1946Llandudno
Ken MulhearnGoalkeeper16 Oct 1945Liverpool
Tommy WrightDefender21 Oct 1944Liverpool
Everton and Liverpool have been quick to snap up the stars of last season's Liverpool City boys' team which reached the final of the English Schools' Trophy. Only one youngster has escaped the local net—Albert Kinsey, the schoolboy international inside forward, who has gone to Manchester United. The boys' team played practically unchanged through the season and of the other ten players, four have already signed for Everton, three for Liverpool, and the remaining three are expected to go to Goodison Park. Our senior teams have appreciated that the boys' eleven was one of the finest to represent the city for many years. and the Liverpool Schools' F.A. arc pleased that ten of the players have decided to stay in the Everton have signed three on apprentice professional forms—Geoff Harcombe, full back and captain, who played for England in all internationals last season: Kenneth Mulhearn, goalkeeper, England trialist and county player; and Tom Roberts, outside left, another England international. The fourth apprentice to join them is Kenneth Griffiths, a Wrexham boy and Welsh international. They have also signed Eric Coxon, Harcombe's partner at full hack, and Thomas Wright, a City player the season before last, on amateur forms.

….i notice your Dad played in the great 64/65 FA Youth cup winning team but not in the final. I’m sure I’d have seen him play. England schoolboy international when it was such a great achievement, you should be very proud he was clearly a very talented young footballer. Is he still alive?

Found a few snippets you undoubtably have, a very favourable mention in a match report, a decent Leeds team and it looks like he ended up playing in Australia;

View attachment 263846

View attachment 263847

View attachment 263848
Ken Mulhearn was transferred to Stockport County and then moved to Manchester City where he earned a championship medal when City won the league in 1967-8;

I'm sure we played them and wore brums away kit.
Think it was lashing and the silver kit looked darker
I remember that, it was the following season. Had to wear their white away jersey. We beat them 2-0, straight after that dreadful Christmas period when we got stuffed at Wolves and the infamous Coventry game. Birmingham is a game that doesn't seem to get mentioned much in that period when things turned round for H.K., it's always the cup ties at Stoke and Oxford that everyone remembers!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back