Old Everton Pictures

Derek Temple what a winger and servant he was to us - a local lad born in Dovecote - Huyton -

1724416159590.webp

Blues 3rd 1/4 final replay top photo a 2-0 win Temple crashing the ball home after two -0-0 draws with Man City at Wolves - the famous Harvey shinned goal v United at Burden park - SF win 1966 - My late father attended both games, but he was working & let my older brother go to London for the final staying at his brothers flat in Bermondsey -

1966 Everton playing in their then away kit at home to Coventry City Dereck Temple scoring the 2nd goal as Brian Harris arms aloft celebrates in a 3-0 win for the Blues -playing in white @degsy ? - at home too?

View attachment 270182
Blue Vs a type of blue.
Home team must change - as the Home team they're deemed to have spare kits on hand
Away team may change - if they have a spare kit with them, which they did a red one, which iirc, didn't go down well.

1000000251.webp

And the reverse in Milan
Yes I asked my older brother about that one - evidently because it was a special occasion for the then champions of each country the idea of seeing Inter Milan a giant team play in their own kit as away support was limited back then was the idea of each home fans seeing their kit - the FA CUP going way back we sometimes played in white when there was no colour clash - I posted a 1950s photo the other day & linked you in ..... :D

Yes I asked my older brother about that one - evidently because it was a special occasion for the then champions of each country the idea of seeing Inter Milan a giant team play in their own kit as away support was limited back then was the idea of each home fans seeing their kit - the FA CUP going way back we sometimes played in white when there was no colour clash - I posted a 1950s photo the other day & linked you in ..... :D
Must've missed that one, who did they play?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back