Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

41iTm9HdpXL.jpg
Day before I was born. Now I understand why my arl feller "couldn't be found" when my mum's waters broke.

Yes i believe it is. I think it may have been against WBA.
It was one of the best goals i ever saw at Goodison
I could not remember the game so I googled 'Jimmy husband goal'. It brought up an article in the Red Echo. Their website never loads properly on my iPad (I kid you not!!) but I could see the first few lines which suggested he scored a super goal against Chelsea in January 1971. Guessing it was that one.

View attachment 39689

Is this the goal? its says Chelsea at home 1971?
Think that was a different one. I remember that goal as well. Both were classics. Its funny how i can remember things from many years ago but cant remember games from last season.
Btw Jimmy Husband was very underrated player. He tends to get forgotten from the League winning side of 1970 as Alan Whittle got lots of coverage for all the late goals he scored

View attachment 39689

Is this the goal? its says Chelsea at home 1971?
It looks more like it than the first one I asked about because he seems to be in more space which is more in line with my memory of the goal. My season ticket was just through the netting of the goal in that picture. I am either blocked by the keeper's head or just a few seats to the left as we look out of the picture.
Certainly looks like Bonetti too. Well done Joey!! What a strike! Long pass from Tommy Wright from around the half way line iirc??

It looks more like it than the first one I asked about because he seems to be in more space which is more in line with my memory of the goal. My season ticket was just through the netting of the goal in that picture. I am either blocked by the keeper's head or just a few seats to the left as we look out of the picture.
Certainly looks like Bonetti too. Well done Joey!! What a strike! Long pass from Tommy Wright from around the half way line iirc??
I was probably there in 1971 - cant recall it - the opening game v Arsenal at home 2-0 up at half time in the gladys st a blue supporter stated Arsenal had not improved pre season we went on to get got beat 3-2 by Arsenal who won the double some improvement hey- it was all downhill that season - Bally sold - The Catt lost the plot!

Think that was a different one. I remember that goal as well. Both were classics. Its funny how i can remember things from many years ago but cant remember games from last season.
Btw Jimmy Husband was very underrated player. He tends to get forgotten from the League winning side of 1970 as Alan Whittle got lots of coverage for all the late goals he scored
jimmy jimmy Husband the chant was ruined in a home league cup tie by the DB Dave Mackey through on goal he took him out waist height just past the halfway line Jim was through on his own till that brut cut him in half - not even a booking when it was a blatant red card sending off, and we got beat 1-0 in the replay the start of clough's reign as a top manager , and he had the nerve to call Leeds dirty!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back