Old Everton Pictures

To honor Gordon West's birthday today (April 24), I would like to post one of my favorite photos here. Westy and Gabby playing with the slides! I'm pretty sure this was a few days before the FA Cup Final in 1966.
IMG_0137.jpeg

For @TangerineToffee we won 2-0 - notice Fred was playing for you at no 9 - Husband & Morrissey our scorers evidently the Ref was a Luton fan :D

View attachment 253900
View attachment 253901
Was there in a big crowd on a sunny late September day. Some names on that team sheet. Would have been a different scoreline though if the two local Blackpool lads and the two legends you robbed off us had been in Tangerine that afternoon long ago.

For @degsy off the Statto web page -https://www.efcstatto.com/team-stats/everton-captains/ - he captained after Roy Vernon evidently - one season then he was sold ;)

For @degsy off the Statto web page -https://www.efcstatto.com/team-stats/everton-captains/ - he captained after Roy Vernon evidently - one season then he was sold ;)

Memory is indeed a risky thing to rely on
subsequent checks reveal, although appointed Club Capt at the start of the season Parker only played 12 games all that season.
The opening 7,
Missed 4 Injured
Then played 3
Missed 2
Played 2 and sadly by the end of October he was done, never to kick a ball for us again and off to Southport for a few years.

I would suggest that given Cattericks probable reluctance to reappoint the ever truculent but fading Vernon as Capt.
Labone got...and kept the job.

Still enough nit picking

2-0:celebrate:

Memory is indeed a risky thing to rely on
subsequent checks reveal, although appointed Club Capt at the start of the season Parker only played 12 games all that season.
The opening 7,
Missed 4 Injured
Then played 3
Missed 2
Played 2 and sadly by the end of October he was done, never to kick a ball for us again and off to Southport for a few years.

I would suggest that given Cattericks probable reluctance to reappoint the ever truculent but fading Vernon as Capt.
Labone got...and kept the job.

Still enough nit picking

2-0:celebrate:
Captain Birdseye 1-1