Old Photos Of Where You Live

My mum use to live in a place like that with the toilet at the end of the street, remember her telling me that the men folk use to catch the rats the size of cats and put them on the outside window sill for the landlord to see. Once told me her friends mum who had her leg in plaster woke up to find a rat nibbling at the plaster must’ve been terrified to live that way.

My mum use to live in a place like that with the toilet at the end of the street, remember her telling me that the men folk use to catch the rats the size of cats and put them on the outside window sill for the landlord to see. Once told me her friends mum who had her leg in plaster woke up to find a rat nibbling at the plaster must’ve been terrified to live that way.

….amazing times and so important that we capture the memories of the generation who tell these stories.

My mother-in-law is 94 and her mother lived to 99. They were both brought up in the city centre and the stories both told me are amazing.

….amazing times and so important that we capture the memories of the generation who tell these stories.

My mother-in-law is 94 and her mother lived to 99. They were both brought up in the city centre and the stories both told me are amazing.

Mum had a hard life as a kid and as an adult so didn’t talk much about her life. Lived in mount Vernon view l think, that was around where the old Royal hospital was. Christened and married in the church on the corner of Prescott street and low hill. Her friend who I mentioned in my original post was one of the last christened in the old church that was on church st in town.

Mum had a hard life as a kid and as an adult so didn’t talk much about her life. Lived in mount Vernon view l think, that was around where the old Royal hospital was. Christened and married in the church on the corner of Prescott street and low hill. Her friend who I mentioned in my original post was one of the last christened in the old church that was on church st in town.

…..my own great grandparents lived on the site where the Royal was built and I went to Rathbone, off Edge Lane so I know the area very well.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back