• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Old Trafford to expand to 95,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how many they cram in there , we will remain the last team to score a goal there in a European ( poss any ) Semi Final .
Stick that in your Republic of Mancunia , pipe , and set fire to it . Me Muvva , me bruvva , me sista wiva shoota on the bannista . Kidda .

This seems ominous, really. Can't blame them, like...

I'm more interested to know how they and Newcastle have expanded their stadia whilst still functioning as a club.

If you're ant-Kirkby, like me, that's the dilemma that we have to solve - expand Goodison whilst still using it...

Fair play to them, any new seats they cram in pay for themselves & start making a profit really quickly, I'd expand as much & as quickly as possible if I was in charge of things there

I'm more interested to know how they and Newcastle have expanded their stadia whilst still functioning as a club.

If you're ant-Kirkby, like me, that's the dilemma that we have to solve - expand Goodison whilst still using it...

I'm think its down to that St James Park and Old Trafford were built for expansion from the go. GP is not so it'd be harder and more costly to expand. Im sure if it was a ground built to expand easily, it would be.

I'm think its down to that St James Park and Old Trafford were built for expansion from the go. GP is not so it'd be harder and more costly to expand. Im sure if it was a ground built to expand easily, it would be.

Yeah Old Trafford is a great example of building for expansion. From 45000 to 95000 is phenomenal.

Why is Kirkby only having 10,000 as it's possible expansion? Is there a lack of faith at board level in Kirkby?

Yeah Old Trafford is a great example of building for expansion. From 45000 to 95000 is phenomenal.

Why is Kirkby only having 10,000 as it's possible expansion? Is there a lack of faith at board level in Kirkby?

The arguement is that location isnt particularly big enough to support 50,000 never mind 60,00, and the area is too small to go further than 60,000. Another arguement is that we dont even have 50,000 fans if we cant even fill a 39,000 seater stadium in the city centre.

The thing with United is that they are a complete one off amongst English clubs. Even in the 70s when they got relegated they were packed to the rafters and getting higher gates than all First Division teams. They really are more than a football club. They made the bridge between football and the rest of the entertainment industry a long time ago. It's not just about having physical space to expand, it's also about having the complete confidence to build knowing that *they* really will come.

Incrementally , as they both , and Celtic , did . That way , we'd keep our heritage , and solve the toilet question . Archibald Leach in the 21st Century .

The arguement is that location isnt particularly big enough to support 50,000 never mind 60,00, and the area is too small to go further than 60,000. Another arguement is that we dont even have 50,000 fans if we cant even fill a 39,000 seater stadium in the city centre.

But are they the arguments that the board are using as to not to ever go above 60,000?

So that's 20,000 more Irish/American/Malaysian/Cockney ****wits walking around Manchester city centre every time they're at home with their shiny replica jerseys trying to find their beloved sh*thole.

Oh well, there's always at least one who believes me and gets on the bus to eastlands.

mwahahahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back