Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitely if he can score another few against Ross County and ICT his price is certain to sky rocket .

What'll bump up his value will be if he scores some more in the Champions League again

Celtic have to qualify first of course, but if goes up against sides like Man City and slots again, he'll be in demand come this time next year

If we are to sign him, it's worth getting him in now and loaning him back to Celtic for a season because I don't think he's quite ready for prime time just yet, and Celtic will be more amenable to a deal in that scenario. He needs a bit longer in the oven IMO

What'll bump up his value will be if he scores some more in the Champions League again

Celtic have to qualify first of course, but if goes up against sides like Man City and slots again, he'll be in demand come this time next year

If we are to sign him, it's worth getting him in now and loaning him back to Celtic for a season because I don't think he's quite ready for prime time just yet, and Celtic will be more amenable to a deal in that scenario. He needs a bit longer in the oven IMO

maybe he'll manage to outscore Scott Sinclair this season

If we are to sign him, it's worth getting him in now and loaning him back to Celtic for a season because I don't think he's quite ready for prime time just yet

I was obviously being sarcastic mate . I agree in that I don't think he's worth the money and I agree in that I think there could be a player in there . If I bought I though I certainly wouldn't be loaning him there though .

By your own account it'd be Europe where he'd be tested and they've got to get to the group stage for that to even be an issue . domestically goals against teams who are beaten by the fourth best team in Luxembourg, draw with the seventh best team in Bosnia or lose to the high flying Lithuania runners up don't provide very much of a test.

maybe he'll manage to outscore Scott Sinclair this season

Exactly .

Liam Boyce moving to burton could take some of the pressure of though but that luis moult has always been a threat and carried his Nuneaton & Wrexham form north of the border .

I think Dembele has potential and on his day looks a talent , that Hat trick against Rangers amongst those days and I'm sure he scored a hatrick in one match and another or a couple in the next game . However more than any position you've got to be so careful in that league with strikers . Gary hooper scored in Europe and his domestic record was ridiculous.

I'm sensing you're not a fan?

I wouldn't be against signing him as everyone else seems to rate him and he hasn't had the big stage to do it on yet and so maybe they are right, didn't see what all the fuss was about when he was at Fulham and you cant really judge him vs Scottish league defenders so would be a big risk and would rather get proven quality like Giroud. Our main striker needs to be proven IMO, not a punt, the punts are for the bench or for handfuls of games this season and should compliment the main striker

I'm sensing you're not a fan?

I guess it's a valid concern.

You know I like Dembele but it's the whole will he be Gary Hooper or will he be Van Dijk.

The Scott Sinclair thing is true though. He was great for Celtic last season but i'm sure even you wouldn't want him anywhere near us.

Best to take every player individually rather than to compare to others.

I guess it's a valid concern.

You know I like Dembele but it's the whole will he be Gary Hooper or will he be Van Dijk.

The Scott Sinclair thing is true though. He was great for Celtic last season but i'm sure even you wouldn't want him anywhere near us.

Best to take every player individually rather than to compare to others.

It's risk vs reward really buying from that league, if Dembele is being priced around 40m, and he flops then you'd take a huge hiton him, if he's priced at 20m then yeah you'd lose still but not hugely.

If Tierney form example is being priced around 15m or so, then a much better buy, crap like Ibe went for the same price last summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back