Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potentially good news for us.
Fit-Puzzle-Piece-89502.gif

Just need Sanchez to stay now?

But speaking ahead of his side’s pre-season friendly with Bayern Munich, Wenger stressed that the club have now made the decision not to sell their prized possession.

“The decision has been made and we will stick to that,” the Frenchman said. “The decision is not to sell.”

Wenger also appeared to take issue with Sanchez’s remarks regarding the Champions League, and challenged the 28-year-old to help Arsenal return to Europe’s elite competition.

“I don’t give too much importance to things that are translated, you know,” he added. “The whole interview that I got didn’t really mean that.

“The main focus for us is to concentrate on the Premier League and the Premier League for me today is more important than the Champions League.

“We rested sometimes players in the Group stages of the Champions League for the Premier League so that’s become the biggest importance for us.

“For the rest… we played 20 years in the Champions League, that’s 17 years before Sanchez arrived and three years with him so he can get us back in there.”

Wenger, who admitted he has not spoken to Sanchez since his most recent interview in Chile, equally sought to downplay similarities between the forward’s current circumstances and when Arsenal sold Robin van Persie to Manchester United for £24m.

“Every case is different, Van Persie was going from 30 to 31, when he left he had one year on his contract. Sanchez is younger.”

Sanchez was the Gunners’ shining star in a disappointing campaign last season where they finished fifth and failed to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in Wenger’s reign.

The forward has made it clear that he is not willing to wait another year to return to European football’s premier club competition.

"I want to play in the Champions League,” he told reporters in his native Chile.

“The decision isn't down to me, I need to wait for Arsenal.”

I don't know why all the panic
Manure are trying for months for Persic
RS are trying ( in vain I might add) for 2 70m players , some things take time.
We got Klassen quick because Ajax are traditionally a selling club
We got Keane because he wanted to come , had a year left and we met the asking price
We got Pickford because Sunderland needed the money and I'm sure the players we sent there were part of the deal
We got Sandro because we met his buyout clause.
We got Rooney because he wanted to come.
Some deals get done quick some are slower.
I've no doubt Mosh will do all he can to get Siggy as he's a target RK wants.
If Giroud doesn't want to come or Arsenal don't want to sell there's not a lot Mosh can do except move on to the next target.
Maybe if things change , Dortmund out of equation , Sanchez staying etc then we will make a move if we get any encouragement.
We are hardly going to bid if we have no inclination from player or/and club that a deal is likely.
Maybe RK has targets at winger CB and LB as well but has to wait for the merry go round of certain players to stop before he can see who's available.
Mosh has backed RK all the way this summer and I feel he will continue to back him as far as possible.
He paid big money to get RK and obviously made promises about investment which he is now keeping.
The thing about millionaires is if they sell a Seat car (Roberto) and buy a Merc (RK) and upgrade it they want results.
RK will be given all he realistically wants and if he fails to produce in the next 2 years he's gone.
So chill lads I've a feeling Mosh and Ronald have this and they are waiting for the ink to cool in the pen and the targets to become available before going again

ermm, think wenger's comments are a bit silly, sanchez was the only player who actually put them anywhere near CL contention. Worded it as if it is partly his fault they're not there this season. Good on arsenal deciding to keep him though. Although i still expect him to leave by the end of the window.

Think more of us want him now judging by the names we are been linked with. Think he would be a great signing along with Glfi. Double signing Friday....closes door behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back