Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to respond to your intelligent, respectful reply.
He has his limitations. You don't become a perennial bench warmer for the 5th team in the league for no reason, to then become the star signing for the 7th team with "ambition" looking to break into the top 4.
I think we deserve better after selling our top striker is all I am saying.
Kinda like Morgan Schneiderlin?

Yeah, he beat me to it.

Giroud isn't Rom. He's simply not as good. But he's a decent replacement. If we can improve everywhere else, put Giroud, Sandro, Rooney up top, we should,be okay.
True. But I would prefer we spend the Lukaku windfall on a better striker if possible.

Happy to respond to your intelligent, respectful reply.
He has his limitations. You don't become a perennial bench warmer for the 5th team in the league for no reason, to then become the star signing for the 7th team with "ambition" looking to break into the top 4.
I think we deserve better after selling our top striker is all I am saying.
They've been a top 4 team for years and he started for them a lot until he sat behind one of the best players in the world and still scored more per minute than Lukaku did. Next.

Too old, prefer Benteke.
Agreed. Not that Giroud is bad, but Benteke is a bit more rangy, explosive. That being said, Giroud can hold and distribute, so if could ever get some attacking middys that could score - Klassen, Sigurdsson, Rooney - he might be a nice fit. Just feel like Benteke would score a bit more and just raise hell against the reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back