Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giroud's better than Lukaku right as of now I'd say...though Lukaku has the potential to be far better, and is probably a better out-and-out goalscorer. Giroud's overall game is very strong though, he's technically much more gifted than Rom

Sorry I massively disagree. I would accept Giroud as part of the progression/building programme but he is far inferior to Rom and his goals record would back that up.

Giroud's better than Lukaku right as of now I'd say...though Lukaku has the potential to be far better, and is probably a better out-and-out goalscorer. Giroud's overall game is very strong though, he's technically much more gifted than Rom

Lukaku would score 10 more a season IMO. But with Giroud we would be sacrificing those 10 goals for better ball control and link up, which may bring others in to make up those 10 goals.

little-girl-oops-face-what-the-heck-is-this-.webp

Which must explain why giroud is valued at 20 m and lukaku is valued at 100m. :p

I'm cautiously optimistic about giroud- even though he is probably the slowest forward in the Premier league, if we can get 2 speedy wingers around him so he doesn't have to run too much it might work. So he is not an exciting signing, but a lot better than many strikers we have been linked to in the Premier league in recent weeks.

If we sell Lukaku and get Giroud in for a third of that fee, it's simply tremendous business.

I get it, he isn't glamorous because you all know who he is, but the only reason he's available is because Alexis Sanchez is the best player in the league. His movement and aggression is second to none and he has frightening pace.

That doesn't diminish Giroud. Lukaku would not play ahead of Sanchez. Giroud is a class act of a striker and would be comfortably the most talented all-round centre-forward we've had at Goodison for decades, and would be brilliant for us for a good three plus years.

It's a no-brainer signing for me if it is at all possible and I hope we're in for him and pull it off.

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back