Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sell Lukaku and get Giroud in for a third of that fee, it's simply tremendous business.

I get it, he isn't glamorous because you all know who he is, but the only reason he's available is because Alexis Sanchez is the best player in the league. His movement and aggression is second to none and he has frightening pace.

That doesn't diminish Giroud. Lukaku would not play ahead of Sanchez. Giroud is a class act of a striker and would be comfortably the most talented all-round centre-forward we've had at Goodison for decades, and would be brilliant for us for a good three plus years.

It's a no-brainer signing for me if it is at all possible and I hope we're in for him and pull it off.
Agreed! If we can bring him in, why not? He would make a great addition.

If we sell Lukaku and get Giroud in for a third of that fee, it's simply tremendous business.

I get it, he isn't glamorous because you all know who he is, but the only reason he's available is because Alexis Sanchez is the best player in the league. His movement and aggression is second to none and he has frightening pace.

That doesn't diminish Giroud. Lukaku would not play ahead of Sanchez. Giroud is a class act of a striker and would be comfortably the most talented all-round centre-forward we've had at Goodison for decades, and would be brilliant for us for a good three plus years.

It's a no-brainer signing for me if it is at all possible and I hope we're in for him and pull it off.

Agree, for me he's the perfect signing right now as a proven PL striker with a good 3 years in him with his style. Not overly expensive and the perfect bridge until hopefully one of our youngsters comes on in a few years. Imo we are undoubtedly a much better squad next year with him than this year.

Giroud may also bring a little bit more big game composure than Lukaku. Better to have experience like him, Rooney and even Klaasen in the dressing room, players who expect to win stuff, than careerist young prodigies who don't really believe Everton deserve to win anything and just play to put themselves in the shop window.

and a left back ;)

giphy.gif

I would be more than happy with Giroud, but IMO we will still go out and buy either another "statement" signing for up front or Gylfi in attacking MF.

----------------------------------Pickford-------------------------
Holgate/Kenny---------Keane-----------Williams---------Baines
----------------------------------Schneids-------------------------
------------Gana---------------Klaassen--------------Gylfi-------
-----------------------Sandro----------------Giroud---------------

The there is Davies, Barkley, McCarthy, Lookman, DCL, RFM, Rooney----whichever way you look at it, we will be massively stronger than last season.

What's Arsenals position with strikers?

Obviously the new guy is up top replacing Sanchez who will be put back out wide?

Was Giroud ahead of Welbeck in the pecking order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back