Confirmed Signing Orel Mangala

Forrest lads reckon, Textor bought him for Lyon, with the intention of loaning g him to Everton all along as a PSR work around.

The timelines don’t work - but there is something mad going on here.

1: Iroegbunam
2: Garner
3: Gana
4: Doucoure
5: Armstrong

+
6: Mangala

For TWO positions.
If your including Doucoure on that list then you have to say its for three positions and not two really. Gana shouldn't play more than 60 minutes or play twice in a week. And Armstrong will not start a single league game this season.

I think we need a midfielder myself, never seen Mangala play though so cant comment on if he is any good or not.

Lyon have done alright there haven’t they?.

£15m they paid little over a month ago and his value has trebled.

Good negotiating, Kev.

Not quite...it smacks of dodgy mischief on Lyons part. They paid a huge loan fee + a large fee on top when he was worth perhaps 50% of that at best.

Now have decided to loan him to us when we dont really need him unless selling another CM.

Lyon’s outlay on him is about 30 million pound, I think. They paid a 10 million pound loan fee in January, and then followed it up with a 20 million pound purchase this summer.

Forest loaned him to Lyon for a Loan Fee of €11m with an obligation to buy this year for an additional €23m

Not splitting hairs but £12.7m loan fee in January.

Completed for £15m last month.

£27.7m outlay for a player that has played 12 games for them this year and, either they’ve decided he’s not fit for purpose, or it’s another totally legit paper exercise. Or perhaps both.

Its so so so dodgy.

They also signed Niakhate for an insane fee.

Theres no logic to the Niakhate, Mangala or Nuamah fees they paid.

Just makes no sense on any level

Reminds me a bit of Cavahlho ( I'm sure that's spelt incorrectly) the Portuguese holding midfielder.

Kind of a Carvalho lite player.

Nope the deal looks very much like a stop gap to help us out for a season, also if he plays well it boosts his value.

Meanwhile Lyon are bringing in Tesserman to play the same position who now will definitely get game time to increase his own value.

Ultimately both us and Lyon can benefit, exactly what a multi club model should function as.

100% a backup player.

If your including Doucoure on that list then you have to say its for three positions and not two really. Gana shouldn't play more than 60 minutes or play twice in a week. And Armstrong will not start a single league game this season.

I think we need a midfielder myself, never seen Mangala play though so cant comment on if he is any good or not.

Do you think Doucoure gets in the team over Ndiaye or Lindstrom? Perhaps even over Dele if he gets a new deal?

Before joining us he was always a CM/DM and im expecting him to move back there:

For me, unless were selling Doucoure then it seems like overkill when we need a winger. Just a waste of a wage and a loan fee.

Not quite...it smacks of dodgy mischief on Lyons part. They paid a huge loan fee + a large fee on top when he was worth perhaps 50% of that at best.

Now have decided to loan him to us when we dont really need him unless selling another CM.

Its so so so dodgy.

Theres no logic to the Niakhate, Mangala or Nuamah fees they paid.

Just makes no sense on any level

Kind of a Carvalho lite player.

100% a backup player.
Sounds like Textor will continue the fine traditions of a club that loaned El Ghazi, signed 15 number 10s in one summer and paid £30million for Iwobi.

Do you think Doucoure gets in the team over Ndiaye or Lindstrom? Perhaps even over Dele if he gets a new deal?

Before joining us he was always a CM/DM and im expecting him to move back there:

For me, unless were selling Doucoure then it seems like overkill when we need a winger. Just a waste of a wage and a loan fee.
I reckon Dyche starts Doucoure over Ndiaye and Lindstrom yes.

And I've definitely seen Doucs play as an AM for Watford before, playing well too!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back