• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just paid £30 million for Rutter plus extras. The German press reckon we have paid to much, double what he is worth. He is young loads of potential, plus we did well getting an Italian International for £5.5 million at 18 years old, Gnonto. Not sure who is stumping up the money for our acquisitions, probably the 49ers as part of the purchase agreement. Radz has said we will follow the Brighton route of buying young players just hope it works. Might be doing the Goodison Tour end of month with my Evertonian brother . Wondered if its worth it even from a Leeds fans perspective?
I haven't done it and nor am I an Everton fan but I would love to do it if I got the opportunity. Goodison is an institution and part of English top-flight football history. It is sad to see it go (I do understand why it is happening) but I think it would be great to see it before it is gone

The problem is that the average PL wage is probably in or about 3m a year, so close to 60k a week. Villa is not in a position to buy lots of young players with potential. We were a Championship club three years ago and had to do a complete rebuild. If we try the approach of buying all young potential the risk of going back down would be too high imo. We need to take the risk of getting some 29 year old experience into the squad/team. A couple of seasons ago we stayed up on the last day by getting a draw away to West Ham. We need to try to consolidate in the PL before we can start to feel comfortable that will be playing in the PL the following year. I really admire the way Brighton did this but I think it is really high risk, they needed excellent scouting and they needed Potter. We have had Smith and Slippy as managers. Since we returned to the PL, this is the 1st season I actually feel like we will be in this league the following year. Of course we need some players that are younger and have resale value but we have Cash, Watkins, Bailey, Buendia, Luiz, Konsa, McGinn, Ramsey, Kamara and the Colombian 19 year we agreed to buy today so there are players that will command at least a half decent transfer fee if we wanted to sell them. It looks like we are still in the market for another player this window and a lot of links with Guendouzi (could be just lazy journos seeing the link with Emery), but he is only 23 so another potential player at the right age for reselling in the future.

You didn't bring Emery in so just stay in the league though.

Like I say, there's just a fair few similarities to us.

Next season surely it's challenging for Europe? And if not....

You didn't bring Emery in so just stay in the league though.

Like I say, there's just a fair few similarities to us.

Next season surely it's challenging for Europe? And if not....
Yeah, I would assume the target would be to challenge for Europe next season, but isn't that just football. We are not a top 4/6/7 club and if a club wants to break into that group it has to spend more and try and get the right manager and structure in place. Only time will tell if we are making the right decisions

Yeah, I would assume the target would be to challenge for Europe next season, but isn't that just football. We are not a top 4/6/7 club and if a club wants to break into that group it has to spend more and try and get the right manager and structure in place. Only time will tell if we are making the right decisions

Which is what I'm alluding to. Think you'll spend big next summer (Emery will have been promised something) and if its not working...you stick or twist...

Which then FFP will be sniffing. But as you've said...you'll be fine.

I just think it's too similar to our failure so yous need to be clever

I haven't done it and nor am I an Everton fan but I would love to do it if I got the opportunity. Goodison is an institution and part of English top-flight football history. It is sad to see it go (I do understand why it is happening) but I think it would be great to see it before it is gone
I think you are right there. Been that many times going in Feb for away fixture, many happy and unhappy memories at Goodison.

Which is what I'm alluding to. Think you'll spend big next summer (Emery will have been promised something) and if its not working...you stick or twist...

Which then FFP will be sniffing. But as you've said...you'll be fine.

I just think it's too similar to our failure so yous need to be clever
Genuinely not trying to take the p1ss here but with all due respect, your owner, board and CEO don't exactly set the bar too high with clever decisions. With a bit of luck, u will survive this season and get the stadium built and move in. I don't think there is much chance of Moshiri selling the club before the stadium is up and running. That's his 'Get out of jail free card' to get his money back as it would have to add serious value to Everton FC.

Genuinely not trying to take the p1ss here but with all due respect, your owner, board and CEO don't exactly set the bar too high with clever decisions. With a bit of luck, u will survive this season and get the stadium built and move in. I don't think there is much chance of Moshiri selling the club before the stadium is up and running. That's his 'Get out of jail free card' to get his money back as it would have to add serious value to Everton FC.

That's why I said...don't follow us.

I just see some trends.

That's why I said...don't follow us.

I just see some trends.
The only similarity I see is Couthino. Big name player would has become 2nd fiddle at a big football club and previous history with the manager. The other 3 (Digne, Carlos and Moreno) were each at the top of the game in the selling club and were rated as one of their best players. That's a lot different to Couthino et al who have lost their MoJo and are not getting first-team football. Further to that, each season we are buying a lot of 17 to 19 years for the future each which are costing circa 1m each as they are considered to have a lot of potential and we are mixing this with players in the early and mid 20s like Cash, Konsa, Bailey, Buendia, Watkins, McGinn and Luiz. The narrative that we are just buying 30 year olds that are past it is quite far from the reality

How kin much have Forest spent ffs.
I believe about 145m. But their operating costs have been very small as they were in the Championship for 20 years and operated within that budget. By getting promoted they are guaranteed about 150m from the PL and then 2 years of parachute payments worth about 75m, so they are guaranteed about 220m and have invested 145m plus wages to stay up. If they stay up they will get another 150m PL money and be guaranteed an extra year's parachute payments (3 years para payments if a club has more than 1 yr in the PL). That is more than enough to cover their expenditure. Also, they would have a good squad if they go down (I don't think they will) and they will presumably built in relegation clauses and will have some players leave. They have some saleable assets too eg Gibbs White. Newly promoted clubs have an advantage insofar as their underlying cost base is much lower than a PL club's and they can go on a bit of a spending spree.

I believe about 145m. But their operating costs have been very small as they were in the Championship for 20 years and operated within that budget. By getting promoted they are guaranteed about 150m from the PL and then 2 years of parachute payments worth about 75m, so they are guaranteed about 220m and have invested 145m plus wages to stay up. If they stay up they will get another 150m PL money and be guaranteed an extra year's parachute payments (3 years para payments if a club has more than 1 yr in the PL). That is more than enough to cover their expenditure. Also, they would have a good squad if they go down (I don't think they will) and they will presumably built in relegation clauses and will have some players leave. They have some saleable assets too eg Gibbs White. Newly promoted clubs have an advantage insofar as their underlying cost base is much lower than a PL club's and they can go on a bit of a spending spree.
Thanks for the breakdown mate. They obviously deemed their squad nowhere near good enough and so far are doing enough to stay up and make their mass recruitment a success. Fair play.

Thanks for the breakdown mate. They obviously deemed their squad nowhere near good enough and so far are doing enough to stay up and make their mass recruitment a success. Fair play.
I actually admire their approach to this season. They were nailed on to go back down and they decided to push the boat our and spend the cash to try and stay up. I think this approach was their only chance. They appear to have a good manager and a very positive vibe at the club and I think that they will stay up. It is difficult for the established teams in the PL that are fighting relegation to compete with their spending power as they start off with very low overheads and get this massive windfall. Saints and Leicester have no chance of getting anywhere close to their financial muscle as they have huge overheads as a result of being a PL clubs. If a clubs has the balls to take the risk and spend 100m+ it can work. But, as Fulham showed it is a risk and they went straight back down but they returned again a bit stronger and are now 6th in the league. It is hard to comprehend that and I am very envious :)

The only similarity I see is Couthino. Big name player would has become 2nd fiddle at a big football club and previous history with the manager. The other 3 (Digne, Carlos and Moreno) were each at the top of the game in the selling club and were rated as one of their best players. That's a lot different to Couthino et al who have lost their MoJo and are not getting first-team football. Further to that, each season we are buying a lot of 17 to 19 years for the future each which are costing circa 1m each as they are considered to have a lot of potential and we are mixing this with players in the early and mid 20s like Cash, Konsa, Bailey, Buendia, Watkins, McGinn and Luiz. The narrative that we are just buying 30 year olds that are past it is quite far from the reality
You talk about carlos/digne/moreno.......i raise you a walcott/sigurdsson/doucoure/allan for that nust to name a few.
We aldo had our mid 20s signings too such as Mina, Keane, Kean, richarlison, digne (at the time), andre gomes, etc etc.
We also bought young players of 18/19 years old in vlasic, calvert lewin, josh bowler, lewis gibson, dennis adiniran.

The similarity that hits is there is no actual pattern to transfers........mainly pushed by who the players representative is (coutinho, carlos etc).

Villa stink of everton 4 years ago mate, hopefully they notice this and do something about it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back