• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry not us related, but is this takeover at Newcastle all a bit of a con? When it happened every man and his dog were saying they were now the richest club in the world and would be the new super power like City. Doesn’t seem to me like they have a huge budget..

My guess is they are being smart and not overloading FFP right up front.

Also these targets show more foresight than we have in the 6 freaking years since Moshiri took over.

My guess is they are being smart and not overloading FFP right up front.

Also these targets show more foresight than we have in the 6 freaking years since Moshiri took over.
I get that, but it still doesn’t quite add up to what was being sold when the takeover happened. Pretty modest targets for the “richest club in the world”.

I get that, but it still doesn’t quite add up to what was being sold when the takeover happened. Pretty modest targets for the “richest club in the world”.
Honestly I disagree, these are some of the higher rated young players around. That's how you build up smartly. They might have a lot of money but it isn't going to get them Mbappe or even like Serge Gnabry. You've got to put in the time building it up.

The players have still got to want to come though mate. If anything, Everton have been the example of not rushing into a club throwing cash at a project until you’ve seen some actual progress from them.

The players have still got to want to come though mate. If anything, Everton have been the example of not rushing into a club throwing cash at a project until you’ve seen some actual progress from them.
But this isn’t just a takeover by a billionaire, this was lauded as the wealthiest investors in the world and would make Newcastle the richest club on earth. Pretty easy to sell this “project” to potential signings surely? I get the FFP argument and wouldn’t expect them to immediately challenge for the likes of Haaland, but the likes of Tripper and Targett and a risky investment in a 20 year old fairly unknown striker wasn’t what I was expecting from them at all. It’s early in the window so still plenty of time yet, maybe I’ll change my view by the time the window closes.

But this isn’t just a takeover by a billionaire, this was lauded as the wealthiest investors in the world and would make Newcastle the richest club on earth. Pretty easy to sell this “project” to potential signings surely? I get the FFP argument and wouldn’t expect them to immediately challenge for the likes of Haaland, but the likes of Tripper and Targett and a risky investment in a 20 year old fairly unknown striker wasn’t what I was expecting from them at all. It’s early in the window so still plenty of time yet, maybe I’ll change my view by the time the window closes.
The first influxes of players into Chelsea and City weren’t all household names either. I think it’ll be a fairly low-key window for them but if they’re in with a sniff of Europe by Jan we’ll start to see them incrementally increasing the profile of player they bring in (and the crazy sponsorship deals they sign ofc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back