• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this isn’t just a takeover by a billionaire, this was lauded as the wealthiest investors in the world and would make Newcastle the richest club on earth. Pretty easy to sell this “project” to potential signings surely? I get the FFP argument and wouldn’t expect them to immediately challenge for the likes of Haaland, but the likes of Tripper and Targett and a risky investment in a 20 year old fairly unknown striker wasn’t what I was expecting from them at all. It’s early in the window so still plenty of time yet, maybe I’ll change my view by the time the window closes.

Just means the skunks takeover Twitter over every signing to say they're better than everyone.

But this isn’t just a takeover by a billionaire, this was lauded as the wealthiest investors in the world and would make Newcastle the richest club on earth. Pretty easy to sell this “project” to potential signings surely? I get the FFP argument and wouldn’t expect them to immediately challenge for the likes of Haaland, but the likes of Tripper and Targett and a risky investment in a 20 year old fairly unknown striker wasn’t what I was expecting from them at all. It’s early in the window so still plenty of time yet, maybe I’ll change my view by the time the window closes.
Yeah but maybe they also learned from the Robinho's of the world - if you don't have stability, those flashy signings are pointless.

Also imagine it from Haaland's POV - even if they had offered him anything, why would he go there? They need about a whole team+bench of starters, whereas City have a world class squad, academy, etc. These things take time and people have wisened up to it, because of your Robinho's and whatnot of the past.

Yeah but maybe they also learned from the Robinho's of the world - if you don't have stability, those flashy signings are pointless.

Also imagine it from Haaland's POV - even if they had offered him anything, why would he go there? They need about a whole team+bench of starters, whereas City have a world class squad, academy, etc. These things take time and people have wisened up to it, because of your Robinho's and whatnot of the past.
Whisper it, but they might be investing their newfound blood money wisely. A scary thought.

I meant solid as in they don't give up a ton of goals. Whether you rate them or not that isn't Martinez
Doesn’t matter they don’t score many goals hence why they’re always down the bottom end apart from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back