Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done godin. in the top 5 centre backs in the world for me.

there's no real outstanding centre backs at any of the prem clubs if we're being honest. city's are okay, but kompany and demichelis both have off days and the backups are rank. united's are tosh, chelsea's are fairly good if nothing spectacular, spurs' are pretty good on paper imo but maybe i overrate them and then you have liverpool's which are an abomination as well.

Stoke Traore....ffs.

Lol

Dunno if I should cry or laugh

It gets worse...

Yarmolenko's quotes a couple of days ago..

"The president said that he will only let me just join a top-level club and I understand that. He wants to keep his players for the start of the Champions League.

"But I know that Stoke City have offered the money which we have agreed. I have a clause in my contract about non-disclosure (about the amount of compensation) but in fact the contract is not important. I used to trust people, to believe in their word."

What a signing he would be for them.

It gets worse...

Yarmolenko's quotes a couple of days ago..

"The president said that he will only let me just join a top-level club and I understand that. He wants to keep his players for the start of the Champions League.

"But I know that Stoke City have offered the money which we have agreed. I have a clause in my contract about non-disclosure (about the amount of compensation) but in fact the contract is not important. I used to trust people, to believe in their word."

What a signing he would be for them.
I still believe that Stoke has that weird signing bonus system going on...it's their way to lure players they otherways wouldnt be able to get

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/07/manchester-city-wolfsburg-kevin-de-bruyne
Manchester City have been told they must pay Wolfsburg’s asking price if they want to sign Kevin De Bruyne.
City are increasingly confident of persuading the Belgium midfielder to join them but are yet to make a formal offer for a player who is valued at £45m by his current club.

Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich are also interested in signing the 24-year-old former Chelsea player, although
De Bruyne has already indicated that he would prefer to return to the Premier League. “It is a question for Wolfsburg but we are expecting some progress in the coming days,” his agent Patrick De Koster told Guardian sport.

“At this stage we have not heard anything about an offer but that could change at any time. I have a good relationship with (City’s director of football) Txiki Begiristain and he knows what is required. When you see the amount that Chelsea are being told they have to pay for John Stones then it’s obvious what kind of price we are talking about.”

It's a bit odd looking at the quality of centre backs around at the moment, not only in England but overseas.

Looking at the 'new wave' of Varane, Marquinhos, Stones,Laporte, Zouma and Romagnoli theyre already better than most other players in their respective leagues.

I think theres been a bit of a lack of top notch centre backs....i mean players like Maldini and Baresi come along 1ce but no one has held a candle to them for years.

Edit - other than Godin who are the other 4 you rate?

well done godin. in the top 5 centre backs in the world for me.

there's no real outstanding centre backs at any of the prem clubs if we're being honest. city's are okay, but kompany and demichelis both have off days and the backups are rank. united's are tosh, chelsea's are fairly good if nothing spectacular, spurs' are pretty good on paper imo but maybe i overrate them and then you have liverpool's which are an abomination as well.

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal says keeper David De Gea is not "capable" of playing in Saturday's season opener against Tottenham.
De Gea, 24, reportedly wants to move to Real Madrid with speculation over his future persisting all summer. "We've observed him in training and matches and he's not the David De Gea of last year," said Van Gaal. "De Gea tries and does his utmost best, but it's a difficult situation," added Van Gaal. "Now we have to play our first match and I want players who can focus only on the match and he is not capable to do that. "He shall not play."

That's the end of that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back