Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kjaer deal done. Bizzare....thought he was decent. I don't see the appeal of the turkish league.

Eto moving again seems to proove he is a bed egg

Apparently on Sky Sports it says Kjaer was a free move too?

Cedric Soares has agreed a deal with Southampton, very promising right-back. Ronald Koeman certainly knows his way around a transfer market it seems.

Meh, hes not all that, hopefully southampton squeeze over the top money out of them

I don't, I accept the RS will always be above us most seasons due to the gulf in finances (albeit not too far above) whereas Southampton are more of a direct rival to us we don't want them continually getting top dollar for half decent players and reinvesting in quality like Tadic, Pelle, Wanayma etc., I'm hoping they lose Clyne and Schneiderlin and spunk the money on flops from the Spanish and Dutch leagues.

You do?

Wrong forum then lad.

You've mistook my point mate, the Kopites will always have the financial edge and once they rid themselves of Brenda and get a half decent manager in unless Kenwright and the board have gone they will more or likely out spend us every season which gives them a far greater chance of finishing above us.

The last thing we need is Southampton becoming another Spurs/RS and rival us for those 4-7th places which they will if they keep getting top dollar for average players.

You've mistook my point mate, the Kopites will always have the financial edge and once they rid themselves of Brenda and get a half decent manager in unless Kenwright and the board have gone they will more or likely out spend us every season which gives them a far greater chance of finishing above us.

The last thing we need is Southampton becoming another Spurs/RS and rival us for those 4-7th places which they will if they keep getting top dollar for average players.

Southampton are utter rubbish, worry about the teams above us, not the trash below.

Southampton are utter rubbish, worry about the teams above us, not the trash below.

I disagree mate, they have an owner who inherited over £3 billion in cash from their formal owner, they made a £30 mil profit on transfers last season and have a good manager and decent players in Tadic, Pelle, Schneiderlin, Wanayma, Foster, Mane etc.

Sadly money rules in the Prem and the Kopites will on average finish above us more likely than not (although mismanagement by them and shrewd business from us has significantly bridged the gap) but you know they are only a top manager or Arab prince away from maintaining that foothold whilst we are handicapped by a board who don't want to sell.

I'll agree to disagree but Southampton for me pose a threat in the future unless their owner cocks them up or they make disaster signings whilst losing their top players.

I disagree mate, they have an owner who inherited over £3 billion in cash from their formal owner, they made a £30 mil profit on transfers last season and have a good manager and decent players in Tadic, Pelle, Schneiderlin, Wanayma, Foster, Mane etc.

Sadly money rules in the Prem and the Kopites will on average finish above us more likely than not (although mismanagement by them and shrewd business from us has significantly bridged the gap) but you know they are only a top manager or Arab prince away from maintaining that foothold whilst we are handicapped by a board who don't want to sell.

I'll agree to disagree but Southampton for me pose a threat in the future unless their owner cocks them up or they make disaster signings whilst losing their top players.

Im talking the here and now, the vermin have a terrible team, they have finished above us the last 2 seasons cos of Sewerz and our utter crapness, next season, as it stands, here and now, im very confident that we should easily finish above them next season, Southampton also, they dropped like a stone in the last half of the season.

But with still 2 and half months of the window left, its very difficult to say how the season will pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back