Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aston Villa on a proper spending spree. Has the quantity over quality approach ever worked, though?

QPR
Tottenham
Liverpool
Everton
West Ham
Fulham

Have all been burnt by this approach.

I think a few signings are permanent deals for loans they had last season which makes a bit more sense than Fulhams scattergun approach. I also think that Fulham's manager at the time had little say in a lot of the deals and they got in players that didn't fit his plans.

Aston Villa on a proper spending spree. Has the quantity over quality approach ever worked, though?

QPR
Tottenham
Liverpool
Everton
West Ham
Fulham

Have all been burnt by this approach.
Chelsea did remarkably well after big player turnovers in 2003/04 and 2004/05.

They often find success in spite of doing all the things that get journalists doing the handwringing routine.

We’ve spent a fortune. We needed too though. I’m pretty pleased with our signings, although I think we paid well over the odds for Targett. We have signed some exciting players, but it will take time to gel. Once it does though, I think we have a strong mid table team. I don’t think Dean Smith has gone all fantasy football at all. All his signings are very specific and you can see what he’s trying to do. Things look on the up. The fans have definitely bought into it anyway.
I agree the transfers make sense and you needed to buy regardless if you can avoid the drop this year and build on it that’s a very good outcome imo.

I agree the transfers make sense and you needed to buy regardless if you can avoid the drop this year and build on it that’s a very good outcome imo.
It’s all about survival. If we can get past Christmas and there isn’t any danger of us going down, then that would be great. Personally I think we will finish 12-15

I think a few signings are permanent deals for loans they had last season which makes a bit more sense than Fulhams scattergun approach. I also think that Fulham's manager at the time had little say in a lot of the deals and they got in players that didn't fit his plans.

Fulham did a bit of a mad trolley dash on transfer deadline day and got in a ridiculous number of players who were always going to struggle to gel.

Chelsea in 03 - 05 was a slightly different story.

They had a very good team that only lost out on the league by a team that did not lose a single game.

They kept their strong core and just added to the squad so it rarely disrupted them, year after year.

I certainly am . Down Charlton tomorrow too.

We do a pie and pint deal for a £5 in the first hour after the doors open.

Some decent beers there as well although I am a cider drinker which is bang average and a small bottle.

Amstel is £4 I believe.

The Tottenham 'signature pie' is actually very nice (minced beef).

If you need the names of away pubs let me know.

It’s all about survival. If we can get past Christmas and there isn’t any danger of us going down, then that would be great. Personally I think we will finish 12-15

There is a lot of crap in the league tbf like Brighton, Newcastle, Soton etc. There's not much to choose between the bottom 7 usually.

looks like the Zaha drums have thankfully fallen silent and we are going for what makes more sense in Everton Soares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back