Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it worry you slightly that Valencia is ahead of Calvert Lewin

We keep signing these young strikers i.e. Byrne Henan and now Lewin who just simply don't look good enough. You'd hope at least one was better than Valencia
I think Koemans worries about age rather than ability sometimes.

I think Koemans worries about age rather than ability sometimes.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there

He does seem very very reluctant to play young players unless absolutely necessary. This will ultimately be another step in his downfall

Does it worry you slightly that Valencia is ahead of Calvert Lewin

We keep signing these young strikers i.e. Byrne Henan and now Lewin who just simply don't look good enough. You'd hope at least one was better than Valencia

....Valencia looked ok on Sunday to be fair and is more of a substitute impact player than DC-L. The only fear with all the youngsters is that they'll drop further down the list if new players come in but that's the way of things.

I don't blame him though he's here on a nice wage in a stable country. It's not his fault we were blind enough to pay what we did and offer him the salary we gave him. He holds all the aces till his contract runs out
With Koeman comments about him needing to move if wants to play football and the 'Locker' scenario maybe he will just sit and take his wage, then come out the end of it a multi-millionaire. Job Done!
He knows he wont get that wage anywhere else.

He can't be that bad if he's scoring in the u23s that are currently top of their league. Or are the u23s simply good because the u23 quality this season is poor?

The difference between the U23 league and the Premier League is a chasm. Grand Canyon-esque

The difference between the U23 league and the Premier League is a chasm. Grand Canyon-esque

That's true but we've seen many players come through u23 sides this season and make the step up to the premier league, so it worries me that none of ours seem to be getting as many chances. Considering we seem to be the best side in that league this year

That's true but we've seen many players come through u23 sides this season and make the step up to the premier league, so it worries me that none of ours seem to be getting as many chances. Considering we seem to be the best side in that league this year
Together with an underperforming ageing first team, it does seem strange!

The thing I don't understand is apparently this is meant to be a project for us to eventually be challenging for the league. Surely to do that we need to blood younger players and sign younger players who we can develop who will be here long enough to play and improve together.

Signing players who are old and past there best such as Stek isn't achieving any sort of aim as surely they need replacing sooner than later. You can't get any consistency if you have to keep replacing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back