Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....everybody misses chances but the one this bloke blasted at Schmeichels head at the start of the 2nd half was a concern. Perfect surface softened by the rain it was just a matter of putting it down the side or over the top of the keeper. Not difficult. The signs aren't very good and you could tell that his teammates don't rate him.
Sadly it looked to me he tried to lift it over his head but his execution was so poor it went straight to the keeper's head.
I think he has been a terrible mistake. The lad can't play at this level.

This is just another example of Martinez stubbornness - he signed him so he plays . The lad is clearly not fit and therefore well of the pace. Whether he can be any good remains to be seen but maybe with some fitness and a new manager he might improve ...not a good start for the lad but at least give him a chance with a pre season behind him

This is just another example of Martinez stubbornness - he signed him so he plays . The lad is clearly not fit and therefore well of the pace. Whether he can be any good remains to be seen but maybe with some fitness and a new manager he might improve ...not a good start for the lad but at least give him a chance with a pre season behind him

The problem was he wasn't playing him at all, not even figuring on the bench.

And why spunk so much money on a player who won't be fit until the season after? Martinez could've saved the money and hunted a tasty La Liga striker in the summer.

Plain dodge.

The problem was he wasn't playing him at all, not even figuring on the bench.

And why spunk so much money on a player who won't be fit until the season after? Martinez could've saved the money and hunted a tasty La Liga striker in the summer.

Plain dodge.
Martinez to blame though not the player ... May be some hope for lad is me trying to find some positives !

This guy is Ali Dia in disguise...

I'll post a clip within few days of his brilliant actions against Leicester yesterday...

Horrible performance by Niasse...

Last edited:
Harsh. I'm a fabulous judge of player and he's better than Kone that's fo sho.

Give him a season and see how he goes. Not HIS fault he cost a bomb.

It'll be a sign of one dreadful season if he's seen as a decent player next time around.

We signed him in January its now May ffs, he's had nigh on the time it takes to have 3 full pre-seasons to get fit, utter joke

We signed him in January its now May ffs, he's had nigh on the time it takes to have 3 full pre-seasons to get fit, utter joke
It is a joke I agree but I don't think Messi would even shine in that team at the moment. Martinez has royally killed team spirit, belief and is slowly killing our fan base ... If the board cannot see this and sack him we are in trouble ..

Hes managed to go from slightly better than utter useless to a maybe we have hope for him and today its just back to complete and utter useless

This was what i said after the brief few minutes we got to see of him on his debut, the only bits i've removed are about that game and a comparison to Lukaku on his debut and what you would expect at the minimum;

We've seen him a fair bit more now and my original view is still spot on now, he has no technical ability what so ever, he still looks like hes about to fall over and he rarely runs about and hounds players which was being sold as his strong point.

I thought Straq would be the worst technical footballer i would ever see play a game at this level but this lad takes the cake, least Straq had the heart of a lion and hounded people for the team, our 3 striker options all hate running about which is completely ridiculous when the one player who was poor technically but gave his all for the team was sold in order to bring this lump in.

Made me laugh watching him trying to close down the ball carrier.

He would run after the player like a shot gazelle, catch him up and ........... then stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back