Our biggest signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In recent times the closest is probably yak and maybe beatie. We'v been out of the game for a long time to sign players at there peak transfer/quality/wanted wise.

In more recent times Maybe Fellaini but I'd say utd have signed him at his highest peak. We can't go out and sign a mata, auguero, Hazzard etc...

Barry was a massive coupe really in the summer, considering his ability, experience etc... Although again you'd have to say city bought him at his highest point.

McCarthy quite a statement signing, but if he gets even better over the next few years he could have a bigger transfer in him yet.

David Ginola Paul Gascoigne Mark Hughes Andre Kanchelskis Duncan Ferguson Louis Saha Tim Howard Peter Beardsley Tony Cottee Royston Drenthe The Yak Gareth Barry

The biggest signing i think we have made in recent years was Kanchelskis. Only being a kid i wasnt really aware of things then but he was first choice for United when we signed him, so really the last marquee signing we made.

The biggest love of a transfer for me was Duncan coming back, again was fairly young but the fact he was an everton player again at a young age was fantastic, my hero came home.

The biggest transfer generally, Lacana Traore seeings though he is 6 foot 8.

The biggest transfer story, David Unsworth. Sold to West ham, bought by Villa and then he turned round after hearing we wanted him back re signed a couple days later. Always have love for someone who loves the club that much as well.

...in the 60s we were top dogs, the Merseyside Millionaires. There was no rumour, there was just signings and under the chairmanship of Sir John Moores things happened. Imagine waking up to find we had just signed a player in his prime who had been MoM in a World Cup Final. That was Alan Ball and that was a big signing. Very exciting times that I am fortunate enough to remember.

Agreed...usually there was not even any speculation...catterick just swooped and it was done! I agree with Alan Ball, but the most significant was Bobby Collins....he was the first signing that heralded the great period in our modern history ,the beginning of the modern day Everton.

Agreed...usually there was not even any speculation...catterick just swooped and it was done! I agree with Alan Ball, but the most significant was Bobby Collins....he was the first signing that heralded the great period in our modern history ,the beginning of the modern day Everton.

..it'd be lovely, Steve, if the folk on here get to live through some of the good times that we have. They so much deserve it.

I don't like how things ended with him, and my opinion of him did deteriorate the longer he stayed, but David Moyes has got to be up there. I'm fairly young, but we were in a sad state of affairs when he took over. The 90's were grim (excluding the '95 final). He gave us a lot of stability at a time when we needed it most, even bringing us back European nights that I had only heard of from my Dad and his mates. Hopefully come 10 years time we can be saying Martinez though b)

To consolidate what several others have posted in this thread separately:
- English record transfer fee when we bought him
- MoM World Cup Final
- bought him young,had his best years with us
- sold him for English record fee
- had the boss-est boots

Can only be Bally.

To consolidate what several others have posted in this thread separately:
- English record transfer fee when we bought him
- MoM World Cup Final
- bought him young,had his best years with us
- sold him for English record fee
- had the boss-est boots

Can only be Bally.

Agreed. Ball was the best midfield player in Britain from around 1966 - 1970. When you consider that Bobby Charlton, Billy Bremner, Martin Peters etc were playing then that's really saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back