Our disallowed goal against Blackburn

• Thread starter Thread starter BlackToffee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlackToffee

Perhaps in my old age I am going gaa gaa, but when you see this disallowed goal, you'll be scratching your head thinking that the world has gone barmy.

I am still trying to work out where the offside took place - good luck if you find it.

Unbelievable. And on the day that Moyes charge against a ref is dropped. Wonder what he will say in his post match conference.

Johnson took the goal well though.

it's all about 'phases' in play. he was offside in phase one but onside in the second phase when the ball was crossed.

it should have stood.

i just dont get it.

vaughan wasnt off side , the ball come off his head , johnson at that point is level with a blackburn defender , vaughan knocks the ball to himself and passes almost backwards/across the line to johnson,when the pass is made 2 blackburn players are goal side, johnson runs a yard and bangs it in.

i really really just dont get it.

in retrospect it is one of the the worst decisions ive ever seen made in football.

whats next to top that ?
arteta sent off ....for kicking the ball a bit too hard ?
a penalty against us becouse howard saved a shot with his hands ?
everton deducted points becouse some of our fans are wearing trainers ?

its madness i tell thee !!!

It's now being claimed on talk [Poor language removed] that it was disallowed for a foul on the goalie. Unbelievable, the goalie was nearer the half way lie than his own goal. The ball was 50/50. Have they created a few "interpretation" of the offiside law, or a new definition of fouling the goalie, even if the goalie is well outside his goal.

That disallowed goal makes a mockery of the entire refereeing process tbh. It was blatantly a second phase of play.

If the officials aren't clear on the rules, how have the players got any chance? Johnson did brilliant, he ran away from play just in order to get back onside. I reckon there should have been a pen each for both sides as well.

p.s. hi again everyone, I registered, introduced myself, then the next day my pc broke - just got a new 'un so you probably don't remember me

in retrospect it is one of the the worst decisions ive ever seen made in football.

whats next to top that ?
arteta sent off ....for kicking the ball a bit too hard ?
a penalty against us becouse howard saved a shot with his hands ?
everton deducted points becouse some of our fans are wearing trainers ?

its madness i tell thee !!!

Sorry....long time lurker and all that.........love following your chats on match day (y)

But I have to just add to this........we are the champions of unbelievable decisions....especially last few seasons.

Notwithstanding AJs penalty claims......

Remember Ameobi's goal last season?
Arteta's yellow card for taking a free kick?

These were'nt just 50/50 decisions they were ridiculous....Now I am the first to say when we get lucky.....and also these things should even themselves out.....but absolutely nothing can even out these kind of decisions....especially when you take Clattenburgs performance into account.

I hope DM is keeping his dossier up to date...

Anyway thanks for the good work...sorry for the rant

Hey Ho it's tough being a blue....tell Kenwright to get his wallet out...we don't need better players we need a few refs in our pocket.......can't beat them and all that ;)

B

That disallowed goal makes a mockery of the entire refereeing process tbh. It was blatantly a second phase of play.

If the officials aren't clear on the rules, how have the players got any chance? Johnson did brilliant, he ran away from play just in order to get back onside. I reckon there should have been a pen each for both sides as well.

p.s. hi again everyone, I registered, introduced myself, then the next day my pc broke - just got a new 'un so you probably don't remember me

your avatar is somewhat apt in terms of everton and referees.

"everything's a [Poor language removed] travesty"

Johnson has to be the unlukiest player in the entire history of football, what has he done, seriously he must have messed round Keith Hackeets daughter or something, hes like the anti-rabbits foot.

Its crooked and the most annoying thing is, nothing will be done about it, not the disallowed goal and not involving bringing in video technology. That linesman was a tit all game.

Sorry....long time lurker and all that.........love following your chats on match day (y)

But I have to just add to this........we are the champions of unbelievable decisions....especially last few seasons.

Notwithstanding AJs penalty claims......

Remember Ameobi's goal last season?
Arteta's yellow card for taking a free kick?

These were'nt just 50/50 decisions they were ridiculous....Now I am the first to say when we get lucky.....and also these things should even themselves out.....but absolutely nothing can even out these kind of decisions....especially when you take Clattenburgs performance into account.

I hope DM is keeping his dossier up to date...

Anyway thanks for the good work...sorry for the rant

Hey Ho it's tough being a blue....tell Kenwright to get his wallet out...we don't need better players we need a few refs in our pocket.......can't beat them and all that ;)

B

Welcome mate.

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes:
"Both managers have been left frustrated. I feel aggrieved that we should have had a penalty when Benni McCathy was fouled and David Moyes will feel aggrieved that Andy Johnson's late goal was disallowed for offside.
"From my point of view, that decision on Everton's goal was the one thing that assistant referee got right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7210602.stm

Them's fightin' words...

We are Everton - the pondlife have all paid off the refs and the CL campaign for The [Poor language removed] has gone off the rails - for example if they can't put the ball in the net they can't get 3 points.. Did anyone read the Times report on Hammers v [Poor language removed] "referee (Wiley) was left with NO CHOICE but to award West Ham a penalty".... err sorry a penalty is a penalty... how about one for us when AJ gets kicked up in the air.

It's remarkable how Blackburn kicked us all over the pitch, should have had a man sent-off, could have conceded 2 penalties and a goal from open play. I am astounded that, given the way in which AJ ran the Blackburn defence ragged, he couldn't see the peno...

But it's rather old news - Thomas, Poll, Riley, Collina... It's f**king annoying!

TD

Lets face it lads, refs talk to each other, at least the ones that can talk do. We are attempting to prove one of their number is a cheat, a swine and a bounder to put it nicely. Is it any co-incidence that we have yet to get the rub of the green.....................these decisions could well be as a result of the old boys act and I honestly believe that simply because so many poor decisions have been heaped up on us since the derby, no other club has to put up with it. As for AJ, if he had one leg and the opposition machine gunned it he would be yellow carded for play acting, the entire thing has gone too far it is crap and possibly corrupt. God help us if DM wins(n)(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back