Our disallowed goal against Blackburn

• Thread starter Thread starter BlackToffee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to Jeff Winter on Sky, he says it was just a terrible mistake, 5 reasons to allow goal, none to disallow, still can't for the life of me see why Wiley could'nt have just gone over for a chat, also as a team we should have surrounded him, ie: RS, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, they'ed have got it.

The Sunday Mail

In the Sunday Mail's report of the game (small piece under the City v Arsenal report) John Helm says about the disallowed goal - NOTHING! He'd obviously got off.
This is the same paper that often doesn't report our results if they're late kicking off, but this...

Ref at my game this morning said it had nothing to do with Phases and more to do with who was last player! I will try to make this look clear!

Once Friedel came out and was ahead of his defence, then the furthest player back technically becomes the keeper and the offside is taken off the last man. Hope that makes sense!!?

Was he saying that there have to be 2 defenders between the ball and the goal line? The goalkeeper is usually one, when he moves away the last defender then, in essence, becomes the goalkeeper; therefore another defender is needed for a player to be 'onside'.

If this is the case, AJ was still onside, as there were 2 defenders between him and the goal.

All in all, a load of old tosh.

Stupid stupid stupid I have watched over and over again. No way Johnson is offside. That linesman if he comes to Goodison needs to be given the right old Everton salute. If it was me I would be on him the whole game that was just ludricous he was anti-Everton if I ever saw a offical. Had his moments with Arteta who seemed to up staged him on a couple of occasions. I see that nothing more than a blatant payback. He should be sacked.:@

Horrendous...................(n)(n)(n)

also as a team we should have surrounded him, ie: RS, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, they'ed have got it.[/QUOTE]

I take in what you're saying about this, but I really hate it when players do surround refs in the manner of RS Chelsea, Man Utd. Hope we don't have to resort to this kind of behaviour.

That said, what else can we do with the [Poor language removed] decisions we keep being on the end of?

(Think I've done my above quote thingy wrong!!)

also as a team we should have surrounded him, ie: RS, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, they'ed have got it.

I take in what you're saying about this, but I really hate it when players do surround refs in the manner of RS Chelsea, Man Utd. Hope we don't have to resort to this kind of behaviour.

That said, what else can we do with the [Poor language removed] decisions we keep being on the end of?

(Think I've done my above quote thingy wrong!!)[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you say but just think what would have happened if that decision had been given against one of those sides, all hell would have let loose and the FA would be holding an inquest, the boss of the refs would be issuing an apology but no its us(y)

Officials have been 'punished' - apparently.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400evertonfc/0100news/tm_headline=alan-wiley-punished-over-ewood-park-blunders%26method=full%26objectid=20442114%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

THE match officials who deprived Everton of the chance to strengthen their grip on fourth place against Blackburn Rovers have been punished for their errors.
Referee Alan Wiley, who failed to show David Dunn a second yellow card for deliberate handball and never pointed to the spot when Andrew Johnson was fouled by Zurab Khizanishvili, will not be allowed to take charge of a game this weekend.
Instead, Staffordshire-based Wiley will have to settle for being the fourth official at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea play Liverpool on Sunday after the Professional Game Match Officials (PGMO) admitted his blunders had cost Everton at Ewood Park.
And assistant referee Glenn Turner has been completely dropped from action this weekend after he wrongly flagged Johnson’s 86th minute ‘goal’ as offside when, in actual fact, there were three Blackburn players keeping the Everton striker onside.
Turner is one of the highest rated linesmen in England and has officiated at the World Cup and though it is heartening to see swift action has been taken, it is scant consolation to Moyes and his players, who were robbed of two crucial points.

and clattenburg got away with it after the derby

the chelsea vs [Poor language removed] ref had to apologise (first time in history)

so why have these two poor bastards been punished for following the same orders other 'individuals with the FA agenda' been punished?

I'd call punishment a loss of pay, he'll be the fourth official somewhere................it's all bullshit(n)(n)

wiley is, fourth official at the chelsea vs vermin game this weekend.

only the linesman is out to pasture for a weekend.

bet a weekend off hurts, i wonder if they still get paid.

wiley is, fourth official at the chelsea vs vermin game this weekend.

only the linesman is out to pasture for a weekend.

bet a weekend off hurts, i wonder if they still get paid.

the answer will be yes, he'll be on stand by mate(n)(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back