Our Net Spend Over the Last Five Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really hard these days.

The rise of Sportax and other jarg websites make it difficult to properly check.

They dont reflect the true wage bills of clubs, to do that I would need to look at club accounts and quite frankly, aint nobody got time for that.

I know earlier on in Moshs reign we were the 7th highest wage bill in the league, potentially 6th, but a few clubs have overtaken us now, we are probably still top 10 tho.

I think our wages have come down massively.

I think our wages have come down massively.
They have, they were on an upwards trajectory for a number of years, as they should be in any club wanting to succeed, but once the USM sanctions hit it was game over im afraid.

Our Wage bill wasnt an issue as such, its were it should have been for a club hoping to finish 7th or 8th, its when you finish 17th that it really hits home, not to mention the waste, so, so much waste.

Plus we also need to lower our wage bill for the new FFP rules, I doubt we see European football any time soon, but hey ho, we might as well pretend.

Given their name, it is no surprise that the key objective of the new regulations is to achieve financial sustainability. These will be achieved through three key pillars: solvency, stability, and cost control.

For solvency, the new no overdue payables (towards football clubs, employees, social/tax authorities, and UEFA) rule will ensure better protection of creditors. Controls will be performed every quarter and there will be less tolerance towards late payers.

The new football earnings requirements are an evolution of the existing break-even requirements and will bring greater ability to club finances. To ease the implementation for clubs, the calculation of football earnings is similar to the calculation of the break-even result. While the acceptable deviation has increased from €30m over three years to €60m over three years, requirements to ensure the fair value of transactions, to improve the clubs’ balance sheet, and to reduce debts have been significantly strengthened.

The biggest innovation in the new regulations will be the introduction of a squad cost rule to bring better cost control in relation to player wages and transfer costs. The regulation limits spending on wages, transfers, and agent fees to 70 per cent of club revenue. Assessments will be performed on a timely basis and breaches will result in pre-defined financial penalties and sporting measures. The new regulations will come into force in June 2022. There will be gradual implementation over three years to allow clubs the necessary time to adapt.

The problems arose when we went out and spent massive money and massive wages on mercenary players whom sat and some still sit and take the money. Mina, Sig, Bolasie, Klassen, Gomes, Gbamin, the last two are still bloody here.

I do think it’s going to be a tough 2 years now until the stadium opens and if anything we just have to survive again. Give me 15th and some decent cup runs for two years. Get the stadium opened, get all this ffp nonsense all done and then start to build again. The extra revenue from March days should allow us to spend more and I am hopeful that with the publicity the stadium gets you may have players going I want to go and play there. But I do think our realism needs to come down a notch. We have to aim for survival starting Saturday against Wolves.

We’re so badly impacted by the lack of matchday revenue generated by corporate.

That’s the crux of it. We can question Man Utd, Liverpool but their global reach, sponsorships and hospitality just gazump us.

Our problem is the wages to turnover being like 94%, the only way we’re making a profit is by selling players, and we’ve not got many sellable assets. Having donkeys like Keane on £100k a week was never going to end well.
I don't think it will matter how great BMD and the corporate facilities are , we will always struggle to significantly raise matchday revenue on the corporate side.
The reason is quite simple - Everton aren't seen as "attractive" and I'm not talking about the style of football.
When I was in business we had a table at the 100 club and also at Anfield.
We had clients and contacts across the country. They were falling over themselves to watch the RS but we often had spare seats at Goodison. It's a sad but true fact.
I don't believe that we will ever be able to compete with them and we suffer massively from being in their shadow.

It's just a neverending cycle. We have to offer massive wages to get players to sign. But most of the players that sign are just looking for a payday, and not the players we need to get us up the table. Sack the lot off, then just play the youngsters. Can't be any worse.

Correct the team has been asset stripped of quality and bang average players have come in. And the root of that is the mismanagement and incompetence at board and ownership level. We spend 90%, of our turnover on wages, for the absolute dross we watch! It's amusing when Sky trot out the 500m spent to go backwards line yes it's partially true but we have recouped much of that in the market and it's wages and the lack of commercial performance killing us, and haven't actually brought in the quality that left that's why year on year we get worse.

The club is a dinosaur

We need individuals with fresh ideas who can push the boundaries

Anything is achievable. Its just a shame that the club sets the bar low with a infrastructure set for failure

To be fair they addressed this with the new stadium, that is the big leap of faith someone had to take to push us on.

Also they invested in FF, tarting up Goodison and instead of just taking out seats to hit the accessible seating numbers they built the platforms in the park end and the family enclosure. It is purely on field decisions that have cost us but Moshiri was not to know the avenue of keeping us ticking was going to vanish overnight.

Net is what you're left with ....bottom line.
Gross is original figure.

Yes, sorry. I was under the impression @Dymak was using the net spend figures, but arguing that player sales were taken into account, so therefore we've still spent nothing.

I believe @Goat pointed this out to him (fees recieved) and he replied with, they've 'taken sales into account', suggesting that these stats still point to us being amongst the lowest spenders from a gross perspective.

had a few shandy's this afternoon, but I hope you get what I mean lol lol

Yes, sorry. I was under the impression @Dymak was using the net spend figures, but arguing that player sales were taken into account, so therefore we've still spent nothing.

I believe @Goat pointed this out to him (fees recieved) and he replied with, they've 'taken sales into account', suggesting that these stats still point to us being amongst the lowest spenders from a gross perspective.

had a few shandy's this afternoon, but I hope you get what I mean lol lol
No worries whatsoever mate 👍 got me self in far deeper trouble in here with a couple of shandies meself 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.