Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
“ Hello Mr Conte, would you be interested in the Everton job ? “

“ How much will I have for transfers ? “

“ Well we were kind of hoping you’d use your own money “

The phone goes dead.
This is the type of mentality the club has, I think it`s possibly rubbed off on you... instead of going for the best then working down the list they just look at all the top ones and go "we won`t get any of them"... So you end up with the below phone calls...

"Hello Mr Benitez, we notice you`ve been sacked yet again, fancy another crack?"

At some point working down a list from best you will get a manager above the level you think you are at, if you don`t ask you will be perpetually appointing managers like Benitez, Lampard and Dyche that literally NO OTHER CLUBS WANT. Are all them clubs wrong and we are right? I think the last 3 seasons tell us that!

Imagine Villa after they sacked Gerrard thinking they`ll never get Emery, they didn`t have any right to think they would, they were struggling, yet they got him.

So yes I want the club to be ambitious with managerial appointments rather than the absolute crap we appoint, crap that no one else wants because they are so crap.

Don`t under estimate the pull of the PL and the salary that goes with it...

The manager market is substantially better than when we hired Dyche, lots of good quality managers out of work...

Joachim Low
Hansi Flick
Antonio Conte
Julen Lopetegui
Jose Mourinho
Jorge Sampaoli

Others worth a mention...
Rudi Garcia
Steve Cooper
Graham Potter
Jesse Marsch
Andre Vilas-Boas
Lucien Favre
Ruud van Nistelrooy
Laurent Blanc
Jurgen Klinsmann
Urs Fischer

Teuchel leaves Bayern this summer...
Marcelo Gallardo, could we entice him from Saudi, signed a 1.5 year contract in Nov 23
Kieran McKenna, we could offer him a better chance of him staying in the PL than his newly promoted Ipswich team.
Arne Slot at Feyenoord, could we tempt him to the PL
Francesco Farioli is highly regarded, currently at Nice and already beat PSG at the Parc de Prince
Thiago Motta, currently has Bologna 4th in Serie A, a manager on his way up in the game.
Jagoba Arrasate of Osasuna, currently 9th
Miguel Ángel Sánchez Muñoz, known as Michel of Girona, doing wonders at Girona. Does he want to be in the PL at some stage? We could offer that introduction.
Andoni Iraola, showed us what a competent manager can do. We can give him a bigger club with a potentially a higher ceiling.

I know some of these are fanciful, but if you don`t ask you don`t get, right. If you always go for the crap nobody else wants then you are going to get the likes of the 3 we`ve just had and the type od seasons we have had. Nobody wanted them for a very good reason....
I absolutely wouldn't want Iraola.

This is the type of mentality the club has, I think it`s possibly rubbed off on you... instead of going for the best then working down the list they just look at all the top ones and go "we won`t get any of them"... So you end up with the below phone calls...

"Hello Mr Benitez, we notice you`ve been sacked yet again, fancy another crack?"

At some point working down a list from best you will get a manager above the level you think you are at, if you don`t ask you will be perpetually appointing managers like Benitez, Lampard and Dyche that literally NO OTHER CLUBS WANT. Are all them clubs wrong and we are right? I think the last 3 seasons tell us that!

Imagine Villa after they sacked Gerrard thinking they`ll never get Emery, they didn`t have any right to think they would, they were struggling, yet they got him.

So yes I want the club to be ambitious with managerial appointments rather than the absolute crap we appoint, crap that no one else wants because they are so crap.

Don`t under estimate the pull of the PL and the salary that goes with it...
Mate come on. Villa are rich and well run, have a good squad with some big talent and their only problem was having that moron slippy in charge.

We used to have money, got Ancelotti, everything looked on the up, then the money stopped. The managers you listed are big spenders/elite club managers… our squad is crap, we’re skint and we are in our third relegation scrap in a row.

Davide Ancelotti is a good shout but who knows, he could be crap without his dads eyebrows

Mate come on. Villa are rich and well run, have a good squad with some big talent and their only problem was having that moron slippy in charge.

We used to have money, got Ancelotti, everything looked on the up, then the money stopped. The managers you listed are big spenders/elite club managers… our squad is crap, we’re skint and we are in our third relegation scrap in a row.

Davide Ancelotti is a good shout but who knows, he could be crap without his dads eyebrows
This did make me chuckle.... 😂

What is clear as day we can`t afford to do anything. The trajectory is downwards, if nothing changes we stay on that trajectory.

The perfect opportunity to replace Dyche was in the 3 week spell just gone, yet another manager has mugged the club off claiming it will be better when we get back, exactly the same as Lampard after the 2 Bournemouth defeats in a week.

Dyche just does the same every week expecting different results and will not change, what`s worse is the football club keep Dyche in place every week hoping for a different result...

12 without a win, 1 win in 15, 8 goals in 12 and conceded 21, 5 points from the last 38 available, 13 points at HOME from a possible 42 just shows you where this is going. If that 12 game run doesn`t scream the team that drops in and gets relegated I don`t know what will, we need to wake up here, keeping Dyche sends us down.

Someone who’s cheap, out of work and easy to get. That’s the market we are operating in.

Cheap and easy is how you bake a cake. Not how you keep a Premier League team in the division.

Of late I've been watching Hull City. I can say with some conviction that Liam Rosenior, their head coach has had them playing some good stuff. He's put a young team together and they play some good stuff. I went on Friday to see them come up short against a typical Stoke City side that kicked their way to victory.
Probably miss out on play offs because of home form but he will go on to better things in my view.