Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
Can’t be bothered reading through all the pages but i’d love kieran mckenna, doubt he’d come if ipswich get promoted either.

I'm starting to believe that it's almost luck whether a manager does well or not now. Luck isn't the right way of putting it I know but I'm not sure that it makes the difference people think it does when you look at the amount of people with good reputations who get a new job and fail at it and then people who do a great job somewhere after previously looking rubbish.

Where are all the Thomas Frank monsters now??
His high spending Brentford are below us in the league having played an extra game and without a 6 point reduction.

I reckon any out of contract manager would jump at the chance to manage any PL team no matter how disorganized.
In fact, the bigger the basket case, the higher the chance of a huge pay day when you're fired a year before your contract ends and you have an excuse for your poor performance.

I reckon any out of contract manager would jump at the chance to manage any PL team no matter how disorganized.
In fact, the bigger the basket case, the higher the chance of a huge pay day when you're fired a year before your contract ends and you have an excuse for your poor performance.

so hire someone on a short deal then fire?

ye glad your not on the board

Have some other names but I have initially one at mind. If 777 take over and Johannes Spors becomes DoF the name I cant shake Ralf Rangnick. Connect Spors ties to RB, and that Ralf could leave Austria post euros harmoniously, I think there might be some overlap of interest.

I personally would welcome it for a lot of reasons. First we'd have a manager I'd trust in recruitment under a new regime. We will need a larger vision in place. Some knack in real sell on viability scouting etc. Of course that would hopefully fall more under Spors, but the hypothetical strength of the club under 777 will be a multi club recruitment strategy. Ralf designed the best one going maybe not named city sports. I could see good structure with those two collectively.

I also think he's turned into a darn good manager without many realising it. Austria have been transformed under him. Hes tactically been incredibly sharp, improved a lot of players from a relatively small pool of choices. I think he's established more credibility or improved on that end compared to his stint at United. He's had some years to hone that craft.

65 years old is a bit of a worry. Maybe he's put to bed club management aspirations. The unique trajectory of his career though, I think he'd consider a premier league job with a backroom he has familiarity with and broadly overlaps with some of his strengths recruitment wise. If that was something he wanted to do coming in under these new owners and their portfolio of clubs, a new stadium with a historic club I could see interest him.

Last edited: