Our 'Rules' + Moderator Defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Blues,

We're busier than ever;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 21.08.44.webp

This has prompted us, over in our plush mod central - to discuss our moderating stance for the season ahead.

The crux of the discussion is - can we moderate GrandOldTeam a little more leniently? Have we as a moderating setup become a bit miserable? (don't answer that...).

Anyway - it would be good to have some feedback on the below.
  • What should the moderating warning system be?
As in, how should the moderators of your Everton forum, moderate.

We last revised our community guidelines in 2008 - I think they're still applicable, but I think we could improve on how we ask and prompt the community to follow the guidelines.

Currently, if a moderator sees a post that goes against our guidelines - they hit 'warn' and have a predetermined setup like so;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 20.53.51.webp

These allocate warning points - as below;

Warning System
30 Points = Suspended for 2 Days.
60 points = Suspended For 7 Days.
80 points = Suspended For 14 Days.
100 points = Permanently Banned.

Inappropriate Language: 10 points
General Behaviour Warning: 20 points
Off Topic: 20 points
Minor Spamming: 20 points
Posting Abusive/Offensive Material: 60 points
Spammed Advertisements: 100 points
10 and 20 point infractions expire after 30 days, the rest after 45 days.

The lower value warnings can be issued as a warning (0 points) at the discretion of the staff member.

You will be automatically notified via private message if you receive a warning - meaning the points wont mount up without you realising.

So...
Can our system be better?

Is it easily understood?

Is it fair?

How do we keep GrandOldTeam 'sound' and civil, but don't go to far and lose the fun.

Above all - If you could setup the moderating structure for GOT, what would it be?

I know it's difficult blues, but serious suggestions/feedback please...

Last edited by a moderator:
Feedback by all means, and it's appreciated.

Some seems needlessly aggressively antagonistic in my opinion and I'd say even, unfair when it's hidden behind the guise of 'feedback'

If you give it, be prepared to take it - whether it's feedback or whether you have a moderator tag.

It's good to see some passion as it shows people care about the place - but lets keep it civil eh? Think "Is this feedback something that, if I ran the place, could seriously use to develop?"

How about a line up selector.

I do enjoy posting line ups and it appears as tho others dont, which makes me want to post more, I know the app has 1, cos you know, I USE IT, ok, correction, ive got it installed, but is there anyway of bringing it over here and if so can @chicoazul and @Bungle be tagged everytime somebody uses it?

Asking for a Friend.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Feedback by all means, and it's appreciated.

Some seems needlessly aggressively antagonistic in my opinion and I'd say even, unfair when it's hidden behind the guise of 'feedback'

If you give it, be prepared to take it - whether it's feedback or whether you have a moderator tag.

It's good to see some passion as it shows people care about the place - but lets keep it civil eh? Think "Is this feedback something that, if I ran the place, could seriously use to develop?"

I think it's been brewing, hence it getting a bit aggressive and passionate.

I think there's a huge frustration from a lot of longer serving members that have seen the site go from small beginnings to the jugonaught that it now is, with that has come stricter moderating and it has sucked a lot of enjoyment out of the place for those people that remember what it was.

I think the site has gone from a bit of a free for all to being too heavily moderated, there's no reason that there can't be a happy medium that keeps everyone happy and I think that comes with relaxing the rules slightly.

I'm also just angry that I'm spending this weekend in a caravan and the view from my bedroom window is a brick wall.

Upvote 0

I think there's a huge frustration from a lot of longer serving members that have seen the site go from small beginnings to the jugonaught that it now is, with that has come stricter moderating and it has sucked a lot of enjoyment out of the place for those people that remember what it was.

I think the site has gone from a bit of a free for all to being too heavily moderated, there's no reason that there can't be a happy medium that keeps everyone happy and I think that comes with relaxing the rules slightly.

I'm also just angry that I'm spending this weekend in a caravan and the view from my bedroom window is a brick wall.
Hopefully there's no RS nearby.

Upvote 0
I have been here a short time when compared to fatty bum bum Goat and massive head Chico but I too think the fun, and dare I say it, banter is sometimes lacking from the main forum.

I appreciate that the forum is far larger than even a couple of years ago, but wish we could dial back a little bit in terms of the posting environment.

Having said that Davek is a tit and should be banned for life, no matter what Chico says.

Upvote 0
I have been here a short time when compared to fatty bum bum Goat and massive head Chico but I too think the fun, and dare I say it, banter is sometimes lacking from the main forum.

I appreciate that the forum is far larger than even a couple of years ago, but wish we could dial back a little bit in terms of the posting environment.

Having said that Davek is a tit and should be banned for life, no matter what Chico says.

Lad?

Upvote 0

Can a mod please tell him to pipe down.

Upvote 0

Oh wow.

Upvote 0
You jumped in on my feedback to mods to score points you oversized daft flump. And then make these assertions about who I am or why I'm on here. There's plenty on here who know me so they'll confirm you're talking utter wham, as usual you genocide excusing gimp.

Pipe down. This thread is about mods. Not you trying to scratch me as I've made you look a gormless tit from time to time.
Points for what?

lol the funny thing is its not me who gets special treatment here. So for all your Internet speeches, these points scoring and carrying interest would mean nothing. If I posted half the stuff you did I wouldn't be allowed back. So to be honest, if anyone brown noses mods on here, it's the ones who are still on here after all these years despite being banned on a regular basis. Proof is several pages back , and I guess that includes you.

So yeah, what else you got? Any more fascist jokes to throw at me whilst referencing a post I made that didn't exist?

Upvote 0

Appreciate all this, hence the thread mate;

This has prompted us, over in our plush mod central - to discuss our moderating stance for the season ahead.

The crux of the discussion is - can we moderate GrandOldTeam a little more leniently? Have we as a moderating setup become a bit miserable? (don't answer that...).

Anyway - it would be good to have some feedback on the below.
  • What should the moderating warning system be?
As in, how should the moderators of your Everton forum, moderate.

How do we keep GrandOldTeam 'sound' and civil, but don't go to far and lose the fun.

Above all - If you could setup the moderating structure for GOT, what would it be?

I know it's difficult blues, but serious suggestions/feedback please...

Unfortunately, the last few pages haven't been particularly productive to help me and the moderators.

Chico needs piping down for the absolute clown that he is, Esk is a bit of a tithead, Mick's a bit precious - we - or at least I - know this. What I need to know is how we can tweak our moderating setup from 2008 so that it works best for GOT of 2016.

So what is helpful is actionable feedback, not squabbling between eachother. Remember, we all want what's best for GOT...

Upvote 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back