Our 'Rules' + Moderator Defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Blues,

We're busier than ever;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 21.08.44.webp

This has prompted us, over in our plush mod central - to discuss our moderating stance for the season ahead.

The crux of the discussion is - can we moderate GrandOldTeam a little more leniently? Have we as a moderating setup become a bit miserable? (don't answer that...).

Anyway - it would be good to have some feedback on the below.
  • What should the moderating warning system be?
As in, how should the moderators of your Everton forum, moderate.

We last revised our community guidelines in 2008 - I think they're still applicable, but I think we could improve on how we ask and prompt the community to follow the guidelines.

Currently, if a moderator sees a post that goes against our guidelines - they hit 'warn' and have a predetermined setup like so;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 20.53.51.webp

These allocate warning points - as below;

Warning System
30 Points = Suspended for 2 Days.
60 points = Suspended For 7 Days.
80 points = Suspended For 14 Days.
100 points = Permanently Banned.

Inappropriate Language: 10 points
General Behaviour Warning: 20 points
Off Topic: 20 points
Minor Spamming: 20 points
Posting Abusive/Offensive Material: 60 points
Spammed Advertisements: 100 points
10 and 20 point infractions expire after 30 days, the rest after 45 days.

The lower value warnings can be issued as a warning (0 points) at the discretion of the staff member.

You will be automatically notified via private message if you receive a warning - meaning the points wont mount up without you realising.

So...
Can our system be better?

Is it easily understood?

Is it fair?

How do we keep GrandOldTeam 'sound' and civil, but don't go to far and lose the fun.

Above all - If you could setup the moderating structure for GOT, what would it be?

I know it's difficult blues, but serious suggestions/feedback please...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we also be allowed to correctly point out in the Transfer Thread that the FIFA Career Goths need to go out and get some direct sunlight or they are destined for a life of chastity? All this without being thread banned and reprimanded because the fun vampire mods want to suck the thread into tedium.

ffs, enough of the blood doping jibes. I have feelings.

Upvote 0
Cull some mods. Get some new ones in. Instruct them on the improvements needed. Monitor and manage until the forum is sound again. Reinstate @davek.

Think it's about time you piped down.

We have the best football forum by a country mile and an amazing community which offers much help to others both online and in private.

Yet you spend most of your recent time complaining about people voluntarily doing something you are not prepared to do yourself just because things aren't the way you remember them or want them to be.

Your constructive comments are noted but we can do without the rest.

Upvote 0

Think it's about time you piped down.

We have the best football forum by a country mile and an amazing community which offers much help to others both online and in private.

Yet you spend most of your recent time complaining about people voluntarily doing something you are not prepared to do yourself just because things aren't the way you remember them or want them to be.

Your constructive comments are noted but we can do without the rest.
Who you telling to pipe down tithead?

It's a thread on mod feedback and I am giving it. If you can't accept it then that's part of the problem isn't it?

Upvote 0
I suggest you do less of the name calling. Unless of course you are just seeing how far you can push it.
What are you gonna do about it? Ban me? Sound. That proves my exact point by doing it.

You're getting feedback on your autocratic nature adversely affecting the forum and instead you go into autocratic mode.

Doesn't wash with me mate. I've been here longer than you and get what it is just as much as you do.

Upvote 0

As a recently joined member I have no complaints at all.

The only gripe I have had relates to the occasional use of "kopite" as a term of abuse.

For me that's the worst insult one can make of a fellow Evertonian and should carry penalties of its own.

Upvote 0
I think a bit more leniency is called for if I'm honest. It's been mentioned a few times but in recent weeks some of the most amusing stuff on here has been in the Everton forum when the boss was posting and encouraging a more relaxed approach. It was still Everton related for the most part but it's stuff that would generally have earned off topic thread bans all over the place.

Serious posts interspersed with some humour and a little bit of idiocy at times makes for a good combination I think.

Upvote 0
Feedback by all means, and it's appreciated.

Some seems needlessly aggressively antagonistic in my opinion and I'd say even, unfair when it's hidden behind the guise of 'feedback'

If you give it, be prepared to take it - whether it's feedback or whether you have a moderator tag.

It's good to see some passion as it shows people care about the place - but lets keep it civil eh? Think "Is this feedback something that, if I ran the place, could seriously use to develop?"

Upvote 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back