Our 'Rules' + Moderator Defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Blues,

We're busier than ever;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 21.08.44.webp

This has prompted us, over in our plush mod central - to discuss our moderating stance for the season ahead.

The crux of the discussion is - can we moderate GrandOldTeam a little more leniently? Have we as a moderating setup become a bit miserable? (don't answer that...).

Anyway - it would be good to have some feedback on the below.
  • What should the moderating warning system be?
As in, how should the moderators of your Everton forum, moderate.

We last revised our community guidelines in 2008 - I think they're still applicable, but I think we could improve on how we ask and prompt the community to follow the guidelines.

Currently, if a moderator sees a post that goes against our guidelines - they hit 'warn' and have a predetermined setup like so;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 20.53.51.webp

These allocate warning points - as below;

Warning System
30 Points = Suspended for 2 Days.
60 points = Suspended For 7 Days.
80 points = Suspended For 14 Days.
100 points = Permanently Banned.

Inappropriate Language: 10 points
General Behaviour Warning: 20 points
Off Topic: 20 points
Minor Spamming: 20 points
Posting Abusive/Offensive Material: 60 points
Spammed Advertisements: 100 points
10 and 20 point infractions expire after 30 days, the rest after 45 days.

The lower value warnings can be issued as a warning (0 points) at the discretion of the staff member.

You will be automatically notified via private message if you receive a warning - meaning the points wont mount up without you realising.

So...
Can our system be better?

Is it easily understood?

Is it fair?

How do we keep GrandOldTeam 'sound' and civil, but don't go to far and lose the fun.

Above all - If you could setup the moderating structure for GOT, what would it be?

I know it's difficult blues, but serious suggestions/feedback please...

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a difference between coming on here as an escape and coming on here for the sole purpose to annoy others. It's almost like a choice few think they can do whatever they like and say what they want to anyone simply because they were here first. Point is, as great as the community is , coming on here for the reason of being a tit is just wasting your life in my opinion.

And no I'm not directing that at anyone.

And exactly my point. Throw a bit of fascist comments ato someone and because the same few people like you its all a big laugh. Exactly the same as all the racist comments that get thrown about. Just makes you a tit and speeds up your next got asbo to parade around with your ankle tag for the wrestling thread.

And yet I'm still waiting for that vaulting where I said the holocaust didn't happen. The longer it takes you to find it the more you just talk out your arse for an excuse for a chance to recycle a joke again.

Curry favour? Why would I need to do that? You be a tit and get banned. Not a hard idea is it? Or is it because you have been here longer than anyone else you think a cult status is cool?

If I wanted to kiss anyone's arse on here I'd be spamming the report button not directly tagging you eh? But let me guess , you are going to threaten to neg me with your imaginary red squares?
You jumped in on my feedback to mods to score points you oversized daft flump. And then make these assertions about who I am or why I'm on here. There's plenty on here who know me so they'll confirm you're talking utter wham, as usual you genocide excusing gimp.

Pipe down. This thread is about mods. Not you trying to scratch me as I've made you look a gormless tit from time to time.

Upvote 0
Pointless having a feedback thread just to brown nose. This is an opportunity to point out the issues. I have made my main point a few pages back but here are another couple.

1- Clarity as to why some posters who are perma-banned have multis quashed while others are allowed to lurk under different names.

2- allow more leeway in the ale house. Unless other posters are reporting issues let the fun go on if people go off topic. A bit of common sense and discretion would make it he place more like it used to be.

3 - how about a yellow card instead of a straight red when people are pushing it a bit?

You mean @Toast, right? Personally I find it strange that hes still allowed to post and you know normally I wouldnt say anything, but seems its a feedback thread, may as well voice it.

Upvote 0
There is a difference between coming on here as an escape and coming on here for the sole purpose to annoy others. It's almost like a choice few think they can do whatever they like and say what they want to anyone simply because they were here first. Point is, as great as the community is , coming on here for the reason of being a tit is just wasting your life in my opinion.

And no I'm not directing that at anyone.

And exactly my point. Throw a bit of fascist comments ato someone and because the same few people like you its all a big laugh. Exactly the same as all the racist comments that get thrown about. Just makes you a tit and speeds up your next got asbo to parade around with your ankle tag for the wrestling thread.

And yet I'm still waiting for that vaulting where I said the holocaust didn't happen. The longer it takes you to find it the more you just talk out your arse for an excuse for a chance to recycle a joke again.

Curry favour? Why would I need to do that? You be a tit and get banned. Not a hard idea is it? Or is it because you have been here longer than anyone else you think a cult status is cool?

If I wanted to kiss anyone's arse on here I'd be spamming the report button not directly tagging you eh? But let me guess , you are going to threaten to neg me with your imaginary red squares?
Loads man. For posting in the exact same style I have done always.

But the mods changed and wanted to use me as a marker it seems. Some have limited ability to handle threads on here.

The original mods dealt with shiz like that easy.
Maybe we could all do with a hug?

Upvote 0

Respect is a two way process you Slav oppressing ted.

I keep my mouth shut and suffer my bans with good grace even if I think some of them are harsh but there's a tipping point.

Two people reported my parody posts. One of which was @Kurt being a snake, well in there like.

So a mod decided because they had a ban button they would use it like an utter tube because presumably humour is at their discretion on here.

Then a load of good lids are banned off here similar because of late there's been a line drawn in the sand and lo and behold anyone who crosses that. Despite the stances being far too strict.

It's been coming. Danny asked for feedback on the mods so I've gave it. Any of them want to discuss it over a pint they know how to find me. Hopefully these words will prompt a rethink of the relative value of their power on an Everton forum that's progressed for nine years through good humour and common sense.

didn't see your post but I know your work is usually of a high standard. I'm guessing maybe there was some 'rape' connotation which if so was probably a bit much, especially if it was on the Everton forum.

I rarely report posts myself unless it's really bad, and agree the best thing about GOT is when it's all wild and spontaneous...keeping this vibe while making sure it doesn't get unsavoury is likely the least fun you can have here...can't imagine anyone getting off on a power trip, like.

I reckon take it in your mighty stride, lid

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why are some banned users not allowed to return, spurty for example, yet others are @bizzaro for example?

Other than that I feel there could be a bit more leniency in the ale house. Some potentially great threads are often cut short for no reason.

Upvote 0

Loads man. For posting in the exact same style I have done always.

But the mods changed and wanted to use me as a marker it seems. Some have limited ability to handle threads on here.

The original mods dealt with shiz like that easy.

It was me that gave you a few days off over them posts Cheeks.

For the record, I havnt "marked" you. Nor anyone else for that matter. But I will happily concede that I was extremely grumpy that day/afternoon. At worst, you were the recipient of a grumpy old git being unamused by the content of said posts. Which, again, for the record, went OTT, in my honest, all be it, grump infused opinion.

Now, shake my virtual hand, give us a kiss, and see you in The Lisbon later. Xx.

Upvote 0
It was me that gave you a few days off over them posts Cheeks.

For the record, I havnt "marked" you. Nor anyone else for that matter. But I will happily concede that I was extremely grumpy that day/afternoon. At worst, you were the recipient of a grumpy old git being unamused by the content of said posts. Which, again, for the record, went OTT, in my honest, all be it, grump infused opinion.

Now, shake my virtual hand, give us a kiss, and see you in The Lisbon later. Xx.
This is how to mod. Fully understood Roydo. Ban me again sir. I deserve it x

Upvote 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back