Our 'Rules' + Moderator Defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Blues,

We're busier than ever;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 21.08.44.webp

This has prompted us, over in our plush mod central - to discuss our moderating stance for the season ahead.

The crux of the discussion is - can we moderate GrandOldTeam a little more leniently? Have we as a moderating setup become a bit miserable? (don't answer that...).

Anyway - it would be good to have some feedback on the below.
  • What should the moderating warning system be?
As in, how should the moderators of your Everton forum, moderate.

We last revised our community guidelines in 2008 - I think they're still applicable, but I think we could improve on how we ask and prompt the community to follow the guidelines.

Currently, if a moderator sees a post that goes against our guidelines - they hit 'warn' and have a predetermined setup like so;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 20.53.51.webp

These allocate warning points - as below;

Warning System
30 Points = Suspended for 2 Days.
60 points = Suspended For 7 Days.
80 points = Suspended For 14 Days.
100 points = Permanently Banned.

Inappropriate Language: 10 points
General Behaviour Warning: 20 points
Off Topic: 20 points
Minor Spamming: 20 points
Posting Abusive/Offensive Material: 60 points
Spammed Advertisements: 100 points
10 and 20 point infractions expire after 30 days, the rest after 45 days.

The lower value warnings can be issued as a warning (0 points) at the discretion of the staff member.

You will be automatically notified via private message if you receive a warning - meaning the points wont mount up without you realising.

So...
Can our system be better?

Is it easily understood?

Is it fair?

How do we keep GrandOldTeam 'sound' and civil, but don't go to far and lose the fun.

Above all - If you could setup the moderating structure for GOT, what would it be?

I know it's difficult blues, but serious suggestions/feedback please...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok need to respond to this. As you did I start with a caveat- you are a friend of mine and I like you a lot but you are out of order.

First off we were here from day one when we still adhered to rules- no swearing, treat each other with respect and people that didnt do that didnt last long. That premise hasnt changed and is still very much at the core of what makes this forum great.

You feel that you should be able to do what you like and put a big two fingers up to the whole forum, we've talked about it privately that you are trying to push boundaries and see what you can get away with. You also feel that people you like should be untouchable- people like davek, who was warned several times, several pm's were sent to him- stuff went on that you have NO idea happened, you think you knoweverything that goes on- you dont. He kept doing what we asked him not to and in the end he abused a moderator, didnt do what we asked so he got banned, he was lucky it wasnt permanent. But thats wrong because you like him. Sound.

BMG- another who I like alot but again he wanted to be a bit renowned and seen by everyon as a bit of lad- he had more chances than most and again was asked personally by me to on several occassions to toe the line a bit but no- NSFW images in the Everton forum, swearing, abuse (whether tongue in cheek or not) and after around 17 suspensions the mod team got fed up and made it permanent. But you like him so out of order to ban him. Sound.

The thing is you used to be clever, know how to push it but not step over the line now you just throw your weight around and then get mardy when it doesnt go your way. You talk about melt downs and corn being the best thing about this place, well there was a beauty the other day when you were thread banned and literally threw your toys out the pram and text me a tirade of cry arsing, half tempted to screen shot it and post on here.

Bottom line mate to call the mods on here as you put it power hungry beauts is out of order, we give up our own time and as you can see most of the feedback has been positive from everyone else. There are things we can do to improve hence this thread and back stage chat, again which you have no idea about.

Whether this was directed at me or not Im part of the team that try and run this place as well as we can and to be moaned at almost every day by you is so bloody boring.
And there you go. Despite a PM. You refuse to take the feedback and go on the defensive and start having a personal go at me when it's feedback about the mods. Not posters.

Siege mentality. There's part of your problem. It's why you're not suited to role sadly.

Upvote 0
Ok need to respond to this. As you did I start with a caveat- you are a friend of mine and I like you a lot but you are out of order.

First off we were here from day one when we still adhered to rules- no swearing, treat each other with respect and people that didnt do that didnt last long. That premise hasnt changed and is still very much at the core of what makes this forum great.

You feel that you should be able to do what you like and put a big two fingers up to the whole forum, we've talked about it privately that you are trying to push boundaries and see what you can get away with. You also feel that people you like should be untouchable- people like davek, who was warned several times, several pm's were sent to him- stuff went on that you have NO idea happened, you think you knoweverything that goes on- you dont. He kept doing what we asked him not to and in the end he abused a moderator, didnt do what we asked so he got banned, he was lucky it wasnt permanent. But thats wrong because you like him. Sound.

BMG- another who I like alot but again he wanted to be a bit renowned and seen by everyon as a bit of lad- he had more chances than most and again was asked personally by me to on several occassions to toe the line a bit but no- NSFW images in the Everton forum, swearing, abuse (whether tongue in cheek or not) and after around 17 suspensions the mod team got fed up and made it permanent. But you like him so out of order to ban him. Sound.

The thing is you used to be clever, know how to push it but not step over the line now you just throw your weight around and then get mardy when it doesnt go your way. You talk about melt downs and corn being the best thing about this place, well there was a beauty the other day when you were thread banned and literally threw your toys out the pram and text me a tirade of cry arsing, half tempted to screen shot it and post on here.

Bottom line mate to call the mods on here as you put it power hungry beauts is out of order, we give up our own time and as you can see most of the feedback has been positive from everyone else. There are things we can do to improve hence this thread and back stage chat, again which you have no idea about.

Whether this was directed at me or not Im part of the team that try and run this place as well as we can and to be moaned at almost every day by you is so bloody boring.
@Groucho @The Esk and @Dylan likes this.
BROTHERHOOD.

Upvote 0
One thought reading through is perhaps personally attacking other members need to be clamped down on a little bit more harshly as it might be a laugh to the people doing it but to whoever is on the receiving end it creates a horrible place for them to be. I've even spoken to someone on here and they want to come in here and talk about their club but get essentially racist or nasty comments thrown their way when discussing and it can be from the same members and always off topic or targeted.

I'm all for fair game and expect to be ripped for vaping or whatever but sometimes there is a line between jokes and essentially just online bullying.
Just on this, I think that petty bickering needs to be stopped by some members.

Specifically I'm thinking of the "do one you beaut" style responses to posts instead of a debate. I know that's not entirely what you mean here.

If you see any of these racist posts you mention, please report them - racism is one thing we shall not relax on.

Upvote 0
And there you go. Despite a PM. You refuse to take the feedback and go on the defensive and start having a personal go at me when it's feedback about the mods. Not posters.

Siege mentality. There's part of your problem. It's why you're not suited to role sadly.

@Groucho @The Esk and @Dylan likes this.
BROTHERHOOD.

Wait, but you said;

There doesn't seem to be any cohesion with the mods.

So are the mods best mates with a siege mentality - or do they lack cohesion? Or is it both?

Upvote 0

@chicoazul

Not sure I get what you mean. So the site is only good when you are winding people up and getting them to kick off? And by stopping you doing that the mods are being too harsh?

Not being funny mate but if someone is a tit then you should be banned and continue to do it then you have to find another forum to do it on. Those rules are fair to be honest.

Plus if your sole purpose to come into an Everton site to wind people up and cause arguments then you are on the wrong site mate. Probably a good few thousand who come on here to talk about Everton because, it's an Everton forum.

One thing I don't get with some people on here to be honest, almost like it's a cool kid thing to get banned like a scally waving an asbo about.

Upvote 0

@chicoazul

Not sure I get what you mean. So the site is only good when you are winding people up and getting them to kick off? And by stopping you doing that the mods are being too harsh?

Not being funny mate but if someone is a tit then you should be banned and continue to do it then you have to find another forum to do it on. Those rules are fair to be honest.

Plus if your sole purpose to come into an Everton site to wind people up and cause arguments then you are on the wrong site mate. Probably a good few thousand who come on here to talk about Everton because, it's an Everton forum.

One thing I don't get with some people on here to be honest, almost like it's a cool kid thing to get banned like a scally waving an asbo about.
If you want a bukake off the mods then can you do it in private please mate.

Upvote 0
@chicoazul

You might come here to talk about Everton, but some people come on here for a laugh, to escape life, cos life is harsh Vapeman, some people gain solace from a bit of banter with some mutants, some people seek solace from watching somebody fume over a few choice words, some people seek solace from watching grown men jump on top of other men in lycra and some people even seek solace from sucking on pipe.

You say some people should be banning for being a tit, well for me being a tit is taking offence at everything people say, offence to me is crying "BULLY" when people hold views that everybody else doesnt.

The site has an extensive membership, a worldwide membership, we all share the 1 trait, well most of us, we all support Everton, other than that we are all different people, I find your whole post offensive and am considering reporting it.

Upvote 0
You might come here to talk about Everton, but some people come on here for a laugh, to escape life, cos life is harsh Vapeman, some people gain solace from a bit of banter with some mutants, some people seek solace from watching somebody fume over a few choice words, some people seek solace from watching grown men jump on top of other men in lycra and some people even seek solace from sucking on pipe.

You say some people should be banning for being a tit, well for me being a tit is taking offence at everything people say, offence to me is crying "BULLY" when people hold views that everybody else doesnt.

The site has an extensive membership, a worldwide membership, we all share the 1 trait, well most of us, we all support Everton, other than that we are all different people, I find your whole post offensive and am considering reporting it.
He's laying down how the site is to me when he vapes in 57 flavours and I've been here from the very first day and never denied the holocaust, unlike him.

Upvote 0

*waits for report to ban for wasting mod time*

Back to actionable feedback please Blues rather than petty squabbling - doesnt help us with the intention of the thread.

Upvote 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back