Our 'Rules' + Moderator Defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Blues,

We're busier than ever;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 21.08.44.webp

This has prompted us, over in our plush mod central - to discuss our moderating stance for the season ahead.

The crux of the discussion is - can we moderate GrandOldTeam a little more leniently? Have we as a moderating setup become a bit miserable? (don't answer that...).

Anyway - it would be good to have some feedback on the below.
  • What should the moderating warning system be?
As in, how should the moderators of your Everton forum, moderate.

We last revised our community guidelines in 2008 - I think they're still applicable, but I think we could improve on how we ask and prompt the community to follow the guidelines.

Currently, if a moderator sees a post that goes against our guidelines - they hit 'warn' and have a predetermined setup like so;

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 20.53.51.webp

These allocate warning points - as below;

Warning System
30 Points = Suspended for 2 Days.
60 points = Suspended For 7 Days.
80 points = Suspended For 14 Days.
100 points = Permanently Banned.

Inappropriate Language: 10 points
General Behaviour Warning: 20 points
Off Topic: 20 points
Minor Spamming: 20 points
Posting Abusive/Offensive Material: 60 points
Spammed Advertisements: 100 points
10 and 20 point infractions expire after 30 days, the rest after 45 days.

The lower value warnings can be issued as a warning (0 points) at the discretion of the staff member.

You will be automatically notified via private message if you receive a warning - meaning the points wont mount up without you realising.

So...
Can our system be better?

Is it easily understood?

Is it fair?

How do we keep GrandOldTeam 'sound' and civil, but don't go to far and lose the fun.

Above all - If you could setup the moderating structure for GOT, what would it be?

I know it's difficult blues, but serious suggestions/feedback please...

Last edited by a moderator:
*waits for report to ban for wasting mod time*

Back to actionable feedback please Blues rather than petty squabbling - doesnt help us with the intention of the thread.
Can you please pipe Ashtonian down as using this valuable thread as a platform to curry favour with the moderators and completely miss my point whilst one can only assume in a vape haze, the Auschwitz endorsing cockmonley.

Upvote 0
I think I've had contact with all the staff at some point and to a man all have been fair, doing that very rare thing (especially in this current Bremain/Brexit climate), namely they consider both sides of a story and look first to limit damage by making peace before considering stricter measures.

And I'm a big fan of cheeks but even you gotta respect the UN, kidda x

On the other hand, in the Ale House some politico threads and the odd good-natured Safari work could probably remain open longer...but it's a tricky call at the best of times so I defer to mod judgement.

Upvote 0

As usual these threads turn into you bunch of wet slugs kiss arsing the mods. You quegs.

They've been on a power rampage for too long. You're experiencing Stockholm syndrome.
tumblr_nt1cjkSXId1stqxsko2_540.png

Can you please pipe Ashtonian down as using this valuable thread as a platform to curry favour with the moderators and completely miss my point whilst one can only assume in a vape haze, the Auschwitz endorsing cockmonley.

Some small burg in the Highlands?

also - Watch how you mix the Auschwitz references with the "vapors" unless someone gets the wrong idea, IIKWIMIITYD.

Upvote 0
And I'm a big fan of cheeks but even you gotta respect the UN, kidda x
Respect is a two way process you Slav oppressing ted.

I keep my mouth shut and suffer my bans with good grace even if I think some of them are harsh but there's a tipping point.

Two people reported my parody posts. One of which was @Kurt being a snake, well in there like.

So a mod decided because they had a ban button they would use it like an utter tube because presumably humour is at their discretion on here.

Then a load of good lids are banned off here similar because of late there's been a line drawn in the sand and lo and behold anyone who crosses that. Despite the stances being far too strict.

It's been coming. Danny asked for feedback on the mods so I've gave it. Any of them want to discuss it over a pint they know how to find me. Hopefully these words will prompt a rethink of the relative value of their power on an Everton forum that's progressed for nine years through good humour and common sense.

Upvote 0

Pointless having a feedback thread just to brown nose. This is an opportunity to point out the issues. I have made my main point a few pages back but here are another couple.

1- Clarity as to why some posters who are perma-banned have multis quashed while others are allowed to lurk under different names.

2- allow more leeway in the ale house. Unless other posters are reporting issues let the fun go on if people go off topic. A bit of common sense and discretion would make it he place more like it used to be.

3 - how about a yellow card instead of a straight red when people are pushing it a bit?

Upvote 0
You might come here to talk about Everton, but some people come on here for a laugh, to escape life, cos life is harsh Vapeman, some people gain solace from a bit of banter with some mutants, some people seek solace from watching somebody fume over a few choice words, some people seek solace from watching grown men jump on top of other men in lycra and some people even seek solace from sucking on pipe.

You say some people should be banning for being a tit, well for me being a tit is taking offence at everything people say, offence to me is crying "BULLY" when people hold views that everybody else doesnt.

The site has an extensive membership, a worldwide membership, we all share the 1 trait, well most of us, we all support Everton, other than that we are all different people, I find your whole post offensive and am considering reporting it.

There is a difference between coming on here as an escape and coming on here for the sole purpose to annoy others. It's almost like a choice few think they can do whatever they like and say what they want to anyone simply because they were here first. Point is, as great as the community is , coming on here for the reason of being a tit is just wasting your life in my opinion.

And no I'm not directing that at anyone.

He's laying down how the site is to me when he vapes in 57 flavours and I've been here from the very first day and never denied the holocaust, unlike him.

And exactly my point. Throw a bit of fascist comments ato someone and because the same few people like you its all a big laugh. Exactly the same as all the racist comments that get thrown about. Just makes you a tit and speeds up your next got asbo to parade around with your ankle tag for the wrestling thread.

And yet I'm still waiting for that vaulting where I said the holocaust didn't happen. The longer it takes you to find it the more you just talk out your arse for an excuse for a chance to recycle a joke again.

Curry favour? Why would I need to do that? You be a tit and get banned. Not a hard idea is it? Or is it because you have been here longer than anyone else you think a cult status is cool?

If I wanted to kiss anyone's arse on here I'd be spamming the report button not directly tagging you eh? But let me guess , you are going to threaten to neg me with your imaginary red squares?

Upvote 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back