Our worst ever striker?

My old man always goes on about a fella Albert Juliussen,late 1940s I think,my dad's seen the good, bad and the Angell but reckons no-one topped this fella😉🤣🤣🤣
Not sure if I saw him, he wasn’t here very long, he was on the books when I started watching the Blues. He had a very good scoring record before he joined us, that rings a bell doesn’t it, any way I think we might have got our money back on him in the end, it turned out he had varociose veins in both legs, only bleedin’ Everton that! I think you might get the full story if you Google ‘ Albert Juliussen’. I think we signed him off Sunderland or Portsmouth.

Another one to remember or forget was Peter Harburn signed from Brighton in 1958, “ Sailor” Harburn as he was known as and a lot worse after we had a gander at him. He made his debut at Leicester on the first day of the season, we lost 2-0, he wasn’t what we expected, Jesus, not even in your worst nightmare, He didn’t last long, got injured after a few games, not on the field, wait for it——his wife thought she heard someone in the back garden late at night so Peter/ Sailorran out to get them and ran right into the clothes line and nearly blinded himself!! We managed to get rid of him and got most of our money back, forget were he went to but God help the fans of that team when they saw him. Think he was a bit better than Beto though, close call to decide!

Last edited:
All the DCL haters didn’t have to sit through the turgid James Beattie years. We’ve been privileged for the last few seasons to see a Nr 9 who cares. Careful what you desire.
Beats wasn’t that bad in all fairness, he just wasn’t suited for how Moyes set up plus he had his nose put out of joint in his second season by us signing Andy Johnson

Probably not the worst but major disapointment was james beattie. I couldnt believe how slow he was until i saw him in an Everton shirt. He just looked fat and slow for a "major signing"

Not sure if I saw him, he wasn’t here very long, he was on the books when I started watching the Blues. He had a very good scoring record before he joined us, that rings a bell doesn’t it, any way I think we might have got our money back on him in the end, it turned out he had varociose veins in both legs, only bleedin’ Everton that! I think you might get the full story if you Google ‘ Albert Juliussen’. I think we signed him off Sunderland or Portsmouth.

Another one to remember or forget was Peter Harburn signed from Brighton in 1958, “ Sailor” Harburn as he was known as and a lot worse after we had a gander at him. He made his debut at Leicester on the first day of the season, we lost 2-0, he wasn’t what we expected, Jesus, not even in your worst nightmare, He didn’t last long, got injured after a few games, not on the field, wait for it——his wife thought she heard someone in the back garden late at night so Peter/ Sailorran out to get them and ran right into the clothes line and nearly blinded himself!! We managed to get rid of him and got most of our money back, forget were he went to but God help the fans of that team when they saw him. Think he was a bit better than Beto though, close call to decide!
🤣🤣🤣👍

I have answered this one many times before, Rod Belfitt was so poor that as a football card, they just coloured over his previous team kit, I don't ever recall having him in an Everton kit, but those sideburns, pure rock star!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back