Outs before ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got £18m the banks would take at least £8m of that.

However you slice it we'll have to sell a BIG player if we want decent ins this summer.

£10m would bring in Pienaar plus two half arsed squad players, which would avoid a disastrous summer anyway.

Johnson's an idea, as he's got to be leaving City. He wasn't even in the 18 yesterday so he'll be gone. If we could get him on loan it'd be a hell of a result. Also, Naughton is a very decent right back by what I've heard from a Canary mate. They want to sign him permanently and Spurs want £3-4m apparently. I'd sell Coleman and trade up tbh. He's actually a tad younger than Seamus and a better player and wouldn't cost much more.

Johnson's an idea, as he's got to be leaving City. He wasn't even in the 18 yesterday so he'll be gone. If we could get him on loan it'd be a hell of a result. Also, Naughton is a very decent right back by what I've heard from a Canary mate. They want to sign him permanently and Spurs want £3-4m apparently. I'd sell Coleman and trade up tbh. He's actually a tad younger than Seamus and a better player and wouldn't cost much more.

Naughton will end up being our next right winger. You just know it.

I doubt we'd get Naughton after he jibbed us for Spurs a few years back.

I still think it's weird we were after Naughton when Walker has turned out a million times better.

Naughton and Pienaar from Spurs would be ideal. Then a right winger coming (Adam Johnson, if we're dreaming), Jarvis/Kightly more realistically, would see us have a good summer.

we had a deal in place for them both, spurs moved in after it was agreed and upped the offer kenwright did the right thing for once and didnt budge as the deal had all but been done except for medicals and the players signing, walker is supposed to have wanted the move to spurs ,naughton to everton

Naughton went to Spurs to be with Walker...and then ended up on loan all over the show. Great move by him.

wasnt the best move for him,but he looks half decent the bits i have seen of him, only a rumour but i heard the other week we were looking at a portugese right back, supposed to have a short time on his contract and fell out with his manager, add it to the hundred we wil hear between now and augustl

If it's not Nuno Valente i'll be really upset.

WHAT ABOUT DONOVAN FFS?!

jason-donervan.jpg

Phil Jagielka (£10m+ or no deal) - The big one. My logic is that Distin is still useful and wouldn't command a fee worth talking about, Heitinga is ace and Duffy is a tremendous prospect. Therefore, of our big assets who can be sold, Jags is the most expendable. And, sadly, we have to face reality - we have to get rid of one big name to fund the summer.
I haven't got the slightest idea what kind of a fee Rodders would attract but I think selling him might be a better option. I obviously hope Duffy pans out but he's unproven. Distin has a year or two left and then we are down to Heits and maybe Duffy (but maybe not). Too risky. Midfield (especially central) is the biggest position of strength for the club so the least likely to be weakened.

Players In Robert Snodgrass (£3-4m) - ... then this guy is an option. With Leeds missing out on promotion by a mile, Snodgrass will finally get the chance to jump up to the Premier League without a ridiculous price tag on his shoulders.
Don't Leeds hate us?

Status
Not open for further replies.