Outs before ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Nothing we didnt expect - outs before ins by the sound of it, interesting on the Billy money, looks like all the wedge from last summer went to the banks:

David Moyes admits he will have to carry on wheeling and dealing in the transfer market if he is to keep Everton competitive.
It was the arrival at the club of Darron Gibson
spacer.gif
and Nikica Jelavic, as well as Steven Pienaar
spacer.gif
on loan, in January that transformed their season.

But the Scot was only able to get them in because of the funds gained from selling other players at the club.

And Moyes fears Everton
spacer.gif
will have to remain a selling club for the time being if they are to challenge for silverware and European places.

"You never want to lose the players you have got," said Moyes. "They are vitally important. We've brought them here, nurtured them, brought a lot of them on and we hope we are able to keep them.

"We might now be in a situation where we have to start trading players more than we would like to - but that is the way things go.

"We do a lot of work behind the scenes to prepare so if we can get a situation where we can go and do a bit of business, we will try to do as well as we can.

"In the last window we bought well and showed we didn't need a great deal of cash to turn things around.

"We sold Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
spacer.gif
and with that money brought in Gibson and Jelavic, and Pienaar on loan.

"I have really enjoyed the way we have played since January, it has given me a great thrill. And more so because I feel I have been able to give the supporters something back.

"At the start of the year I don't think I would have come and watched - there was nothing to excite me. People were saying we were dull, but there is nobody that wants to see attacking play and goals more than me."

That last bit about "not wanting to come and watch."

He shouldn't have took the knock when he subbed a forward for a defender when 0-1 down at home then, a lot didn't want to come and watch but have a ticket for the season that's paid for. A point I made vocally and abruptly to Phil Neville against Sheff Utd, with 8 months of the season to 'look forward to.'

I see preferably the Jag or Johnny as the ones to go.

Either would raise a decent size fee and both are on relatively big wages. Hopefully we are at the point where a big sale isn't needed.

I think the Pseudo-chairman needs to insist that nobody of value is allowed to carry on past 30 with us and make it official policy.

It won't be Johnny, they might not get his cup back, and the budget wouldn't stretch to a new one for player of the year AND whatever one they dream up for Bill.

Brutally honest. The only positive I can take from that.

I see preferably the Jag or Johnny as the ones to go.

Either would raise a decent size fee and both are on relatively big wages. Hopefully we are at the point where a big sale isn't needed.

I think the Pseudo-chairman needs to insist that nobody of value is allowed to carry on past 30 with us and make it official policy.

That's supposed to be JW Henry's policy isn't it ? one that he said he would instigate at the pit as he does it in Boston....without exception.

I'd want more for Jags on the basis that he will come good again i.e. back to his best, and then he is worth way more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.