Votes: 99 51.3%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 20 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really embarrassing shouts in this thread …. Unbelievable

I don't understand how people can hold the opinion that it wasn't a penalty. It's like a ruthless confirmation bias.

Pickford dove head first into his leg/thigh, and some absolute loons on here think he was fouled :Blink:

I don't understand how people can hold the opinion that it wasn't a penalty. It's like a ruthless confirmation bias.

Pickford dove head first into his leg/thigh, and some absolute loons on here think he was fouled :Blink:

Indeed it was a penalty. But for the love of god can someone teach Pickford how to hold onto a ball. This has been going on ever since he got here and it’s not funny anymore…….

It was a pen. Kane bought it but the game now rewards these players and calls them clever rather than exploiting or dishonest. Hey Ho ours do it too. Welcome to the modern pantomime.

It was a pen. Kane bought it but the game now rewards these players and calls them clever rather than exploiting or dishonest. Hey Ho ours do it too. Welcome to the modern pantomime.
The problem is a lack of consistency in the decision making. If Gordon or Richarlison do it they are accused of going down easy or diving.

I go back to Richarlison v spurs last year. Also a soft penalty but overturned on var.

I get that. @ToffeeTim mentioned a decision last year, but we thought it was penalty. It wasn't given, but if we thought it deserved it, then so did Kane's.

It's soft and Kane made the most of a mistake by Pickford, but I would have wanted it for us, so I have to be honest and say I think it's a penalty.
Oh, I know you're right but I'll still never understand how, when the forward initiates the contact, it's not a free kick the other way. Such is life. We deserved nothing at the end of the day, and nothing we got!

The problem is a lack of consistency in the decision making. If Gordon or Richarlison do it they are accused of going down easy or diving.

I go back to Richarlison v spurs last year. Also a soft penalty but overturned on var.
Aye the consistency on VAR needs a lot of work. They need to get dedicated VAR technicians rather than referees to operate it as sadly the whole VAR thing has exposed further how inept most refs are.

It was a pen last night though, a cheap one, but a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.