Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was responding to a post about him 'staying' in London. He won't live in London now, it'd be a 4 hour round trip to training every day. If he lives in London now he could live in London and play for us, it'd be a minimal difference. That will have absolutely nothing to do with it though. He'll want to go to Spurs because they've finished above us in 9 of the last 10 seasons, and play regularly in the Champions League, including getting to the final last season. In all seriousness, the only reason for a Danish footballer to want to move to us over Spurs would be for the money. For purely footballing reasons it's a no brainer.
The chat with his Mrs..
“Well Spurs may get into the champions league during my contract, and I love playing in Europe”
Everton have offered us fifty thousand pounds every single week more than Spurs for the next 4 years though, what do you think ?”

The chat with his Mrs..
“Well Spurs may get into the champions league during my contract, and I love playing in Europe”
Everton have offered us fifty thousand pounds every single week more than Spurs for the next 4 years though, what do you think ?”
Exactly. Reading between the lines it sounds like we’ve hoped money would get him, either by pricing spurs out of a move or by offering higher wages, but spurs are confident that won’t be an issue.

Now compare his stats to Gyfi.

Not somebody who plays for another club.
i was responding to a post about gueye

there is no doubt he's a million times better than anything we have got in midfield at the moment

even a disabled crab could do a better job than davies and gylfi

my issue is that he is bang average and won't really improve us that much and his price is too high.

we've overspent on so many average players

Yes because Brands has a track record of signing good players from other PL sides while being at Everton. I heard Ancellotti recently said he's not involved with player recruitment so perhaps this is all on Brands. If so, I'm worried because it's true to say, PEH is very slow.
And I've heard Carlo say they only sign players they are both agreed on

Gueye had 1 season with Aston Villa. They got relegated and he had a very low buy out clause. The risk factor was very low.

in that 1 season he played 35 prem games and had the following stats: -

53 passes per match

144 tackles

75% tackle success rate

141 interceptions

344 recoveries

295 duels won

in comparison

Hojbjerg has had 4 full seasons in the prem already

this season his stats are: -

55 passes per match

80 tackles

61% tackle success rate

46 interceptions

326 recoveries

210 duels won

we are paying 25 mil for a much inferior player to gueye

if we were paying 5 mil then that is fine

would much rather spend 25 big ones or contribute 25 big ones on a much better player like Allan

...whilst stats support a discussion they don’t tell the whole story. If the links are true, we don’t know exactly the role expected of Hojbjerg, we don’t know the thoughts on partnership and blend. The price only matters if it doesn’t prove to be value, and only time will tell us that.

If Ancelotti/Brands think he’s a key acquisition, surely that’s what matters. They are accountable.

Gueye was a great piece of business but we won’t always buy that quality for that price. Coleman was £60k but we can’t compare replacements to that figure.

The quotes I’ve seen for Allen are more than £25k.

i was responding to a post about gueye

there is no doubt he's a million times better than anything we have got in midfield at the moment

even a disabled crab could do a better job than davies and gylfi

my issue is that he is bang average and won't really improve us that much and his price is too high.

we've overspent on so many average players
Im not a fan personally.

But his stats paint a better picture than maybe the brief glances I've seen.

...whilst stats support a discussion they don’t tell the whole story. If the links are true, we don’t know exactly the role expected of Hojbjerg, we don’t know the thoughts on partnership and blend. The price only matters if it doesn’t prove to be value, and only time will tell us that.

If Ancelotti/Brands think he’s a key acquisition, surely that’s what matters. They are accountable.

Gueye was a great piece of business but we won’t always buy that quality for that price. Coleman was £60k but we can’t compare replacements to that figure.

The quotes I’ve seen for Allen are more than £25k.
brands is certainly being held accountable for some atrocious signings over the past few years

im starting to think that the fella who wanted to kick him out at the last AGM was not as stupid as we think

if this is a Carlo transfer then fair enough, i will give him time to make his mark

brands is certainly being held accountable for some atrocious signings over the past few years

im starting to think that the fella who wanted to kick him out at the last AGM was not as stupid as we think

if this is a Carlo transfer then fair enough, i will give him time to make his mark

That fella had no real issue with Brands.

He just didn't want him on the Board, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back